Eversource Energy Manager, Field Communications in Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position is jointly accountable, with other Electric Operations Managers, for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to customers. This position is responsible for the effective management of the Company’s transmission and distribution communications systems’ assets and activities. The Manager, Field Communications is also responsible for the installation, operation, maintenance and quality control of all communications systems including: RadSec radio controls, fiber communications and testing, telephone systems, voice radio/base stations, VOIP, master radio sites, repeaters, integrated communication dispatch consoles, microwave, digital grid/Hazeltine, and recloser controls. The Manager is also responsible for developing the budget, setting plans and goals and overall management of area personnel and resources.
- Approves, directs and oversees the development and implementation of policies for transmission and distribution communications systems. Provides consistent communications services for the territory.
- Responsible for the day-to-day installation, operation, inspection and maintenance of transmission and distribution (T&D) communications equipment and systems. Ensures that the systems in place are maintained according to applicable statements of policy.
- Recommends and implements plans, policies and programs which promote improved, safe, reliable and efficient operations and maintenance of area company T&D communication systems.
- Identifies and implements improvements in Eversource’s communications systems, processes and procedures. Provides expertise and focused attention on Eversource’s growing communications systems assets and emerging communications technologies.
- Establishes plans to improve the cost effectiveness, timeliness and reliability of T&D communication system operations.
- Ensures cost effective, high quality and timely delivery of maintenance and operational services to internal customers.
- Manages, selects, coaches and develops area staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans.
Requires extensive knowledge of the Company’s transmission and distribution communication systems.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
Requires a minimum of ten (10+) years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities, with seven (7+) years of communications systems experience. Demonstrated experience in developing a supervisory team, a union workforce and process re-engineering.
Licenses & Certifications: FCC License or appropriate certification preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Manages a workforce that operates on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis in multiple locations. This will require visiting multiple locations on a frequent basis. Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs