Wheelabrator Technologies Heavy Equipment Operator in Worcester, Massachusetts
Wheelabrator Technologies is a waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to customers and communities supported by our team of 1,900 employees. We believe in preserving our environment for future generations while providing for today's needs. Wheelabrator is a vertically integrated business with a platform of 49 strategically located collection, transfer and disposal assets. These include waste-to-energy facilities, transfer stations, ash monofills, landfills, and fleets of rail cars and collection vehicles. We process more than 11 million tons of waste annually, converting 6.7 million tons of waste into clean, renewable energy that powers 340K homes. We recycle more than 234K tons of plastic, paper and metals from the waste stream. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit wtienergy.com
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe operation of heavy equipment at a recycling facility, landfill or transfer station for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety standards.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in materials.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as needed.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the completion of each shift.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Two years prior related experience in heavy equipment operation.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.