Essendant Team Lead (11AM-730PM) in Woburn, Massachusetts
Boston (Woburn, MA)
Woburn, MA, USA
- Performs all regularly assigned duties and responsibilities of a Distribution Associate.
- Monitors activity to promote a safe work environment.
- Monitors tasks and workflow to ensure that department priorities and goals are met.
- Provides task-related guidance and direction to associates.
- Assists Manager/Supervisor with daily assessing, planning, and scheduling of workflow.
- Advises Manager/Supervisor of observable associate performance & behavior.
- Informs Manager/Supervisor of operational issues and/or problems.
- Conducts training for new associates as needed.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendants Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform the accountabilities and tasks of the function within established productivity requirements and in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules or established processes along with established quality guidelines and expectations.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, pallet jack and walkie-rider.
- Ability to appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, etc.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a clean, organized work area; ability to assist with housekeeping tasks in the facility/work area.
- Assist and/or help out in other Distribution Associate 1 and 2 functions as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written).
- Solid math and analytical/problems solving skills
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of Warehouse/Distribution-related experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in a fast-paced environment.
High School or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: June 27, 2020