Aerotek Sr. Research Associate/Scientist, Analytical Development in Woburn, Massachusetts
Our client is dedicated to the development of novel therapies for rare disease, and they are looking for candidates that mirror their passion for the therapeutic treatments that will advance the field of gene therapy. Working in close collaboration with other Analytical Development team members, the Sr. Research Associate/Scientist will develop and qualify analytical methods for AAV vectors to support process development and QC release testing. The candidate will also play supporting roles in testing operation and assay automation.
• Develop impurity assays such as detection of host cell proteins, and residual impurities to support programs in preclinical and clinical stage development
• Develop capsid titer assay to quantitatively measure the AAV gene therapy vectors
• Execute analytical test methods to support bioprocess development
• Manage work assignments, analyze and interpret test results, and conduct necessary troubleshooting independently with minimal supervision of the manager
• Evaluate new analytical platforms, and stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art methodologies for AAV characterization
• Lead or support the automation of testing methods
• BS or MS in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a related discipline with at least 6 years industry experience or PhD with 1 year of industry experience in analytical development.
• Hand-on experience in immunoassays.
• Working experience in automation workflow implementation is highly desired.
• Excellent laboratory, computer, documentation, and organization skills.
• Strong collaborative work ethic and excellent time management skills for ongoing testing in parallel with new method development, in a fast-paced, scientifically rigorous, cross-functional team environment
• Have at least 1 year industry experience in analytical development
• Possess the ability and self-motivate quality to learn and excel on assignment
• Experience with automation such as Hamilton liquid handler is a plus
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs