American Tower Senior Project Manager, Shared Services in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Senior Project Manager, Shared Services plans, directs, and coordinates business activities and resources to ensure large, cross-functional project goals and objectives are accomplished within prearranged time frames and budgets. These technology or business process projects are intended to optimize efficiency and/or the customer experience. The incumbent will manage multiple, concurrent, large projects as well as teams that develop and carry out U.S.-based operations and IT projects. The incumbent will lead and manage all aspects of each project, including business process, scope, change and risk management of scope, schedule, and costs/resources. The Senior Project Manager facilitates the resource management process by tracking resource skills and committed and actual effort, and by administering the resource scheduling system.
- Manage from inception to successful implementation large internal and/or external process or technology projects, which will include:
- defining project objectives, scope, and level of effort;
- assigning duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel;
- establishing a work plan for each project phase and arranging for recruitment or assignment of project personnel;
- developing project strategies and plans and identifying required methods and tools;
- reviewing status reports prepared by project personnel and modifying schedules or plans as required;
- preparing project status reports for management and business unit leaders; and
- monitoring progress against plan.
- Manage multiple large projects, project team members, contingent workers, and vendors to meet timelines and proscribed quality standards.
- Review project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
- Assist other project management personnel with creating time block and/or actual work plans for their assigned projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Administer resource management scheduling system.
- Update project status summaries weekly for business managers.
- Provide visibility of resource utilization and availability to management.
- Communicate to management and the project sponsor all project issues, including timing, budget, resources, scope, and more.
- Collaborate closely with other Shared Services groups for process and system enhancements.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Adhere to best project management practices and methodologies, such as Professional Management Institute or similar standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Track record of effective matrix and vendor management.
- Able to effectively directly and indirectly manage others by prioritizing tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to solve complex problems and creatively and resourcefully resolve elevated issues while applying sound judgment and accountability.
- Sound financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Program Management, or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in a project-oriented environment required, with experience in an IT environment strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in project management tools, such as MS Project, required.
- Experience with MS Project Server or comparable resource scheduling tool preferred.
- Systems development life cycle experience preferred.
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Job: Sr Proj Mgr Shared Svcs
Title: Senior Project Manager, Shared Services
Requisition ID: 19000008
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.