Parker Hannifin Corporation Process Engineer - Molding in Woburn, Massachusetts
Process Engineer - Molding
Location : Woburn, MA, United States
Job Family : Mfg & Prod Engineering
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Feb 23, 2024
Job ID : 42118
Back to Search Results
Apply Now >
Save JobJob Saved
PARKER CHOMERICSis a global supplier of EMI shielding, thermal interface materials, plastics and optical products. We offer a worldwide network of applications engineering support, manufacturing facilities, and sales offices. With stocking and fabrication on five continents, our products are available anytime, anywhere.
With Headquarters in Woburn, MA, Parker Chomerics is part of a global Fortune 500 company but has a small company feel. We thrive on high performance teams that are empowered to make decisions on both a big and small scale. We strive to make a positive impact on the lives of our employees by establishing an inclusive, caring and friendly work environment. We encourage the continued education and skill development of our teams and offer advancement opportunities at a global division. If you’re looking for a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can be at the cutting edge of engineering solutions, look no further. This opportunity is with the Specialty Materials Business Unit in Woburn, MA.
Responsible for maximizing cost effectiveness and reliability towards; manufacturing flow, processes and equipment. Determines sequences of manufacturing operations on new and existing products in accordance with processing requirements. Ensures that existing equipment, fixtures and processes meet safety and customer quality requirements, as well as being ergonomically sound for manufacturing. Responsible for designing fixtures, establishing Statements of Work, and leading activities related to manufacturing equipment implementation. Specifies process and facilities requirements to achieve desired production goals and quality standards. Scope/Supervision and Interaction: This job may have supervisory responsibility for other technical personnel. This position routinely interacts with all division functional department managers and employees. Provides technical information regarding equipment, fixtures, processes and facilities as required. This position requires the individual to work well with others and provides support to manufacturing as required.
• Refine and enhance processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production. Recommend product changes/improvements to Product Engineers.
• Identify and implement solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
• Develop innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
• Implement zero defect quality initiative for application across product line and for individual processes.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Coordinate input that may cross multiple teams or areas; make recommendations and implement changes.
• Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Prepare reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
• Assure product and process quality by testing finished product and process capabilities and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
• Determine root cause of failures using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
• Evaluate capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications. Design and prepare concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment. Manage the overall implementations of capital equipment projects.
• Share specialized knowledge with others. Represent Company on specific projects, lead and participate on project teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field required
• 2-4 + years of practical experience in a manufacturing engineering role is required
• 1 - 3 years of practical process knowledge of Compression or Injection Molding manufacturing is required, knoweldge of Elastomer manufacturing processes is desired.
• Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to utilize automated measuring tools, and strong understanding of automated manufacturing equipment control plans
• Capability and willingness to work “hands-on” on projects without supervision.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools as well as Mini Tab preferred.
• Experience with Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEAs, and quality systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of APQP control plans and PPAP validation plans is strongly desired.
• Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go toKnow Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov) (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) .
Apply Now >
Save JobJob Saved