Robert Half Legal and Compliance Manager in Woburn, Massachusetts
Robert Half Legal Permanent Placement is seeking a highly qualified Legal Compliance Manager to join a dynamic team north of Boston. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for ensuring the company adheres to legal standards and in-house policies. They will enforce regulations in all aspects and levels of business and provide guidance on compliance matters. A solid understanding of ethical guidelines, laws, and business practices is essential for this role. The ultimate goal for this role is preserving the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course. Easy commute north of the city and exceptional pay and culture.
• Create, review and maintain compliance policies and procedures.
• Regularly conduct audits and assessments to identify compliance gaps and propose corrective actions.
• Stay updated on changes in laws and regulations and update internal policies as needed.
• Provide legal advice and support on various legal issues such as contracts, intellectual property, regulatory compliance, corporate governance etc.
• Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, agreements, and other legal documents.
• Evaluate and manage legal risks in business decisions and operations, and provide preventative counsel.
• Collaborate with other departments to guide compliance issues to resolution.
• Represent the company in legal proceedings and contract negotiations.
• Manage relationships with external legal counsel and oversee their work when necessary.
• Ensure the company is updated about changes in laws that may affect the organization.
• Implement and maintain a legal document filing system and database, ensuring all documents are complete and accurate.
The Legal Compliance Manager will play a significant role in our organization's decision-making processes. We expect them to be a strategic thinker with an analytical mind, an excellent communicator, and possess integrity in all situations. If you possess these traits and meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
• Law degree and license to practice law will be a significant advantage OR bachelor's degree in law, business or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a corporate legal department or law firm.
• Certification in compliance or a related discipline.
• Strong knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Extreme attention to detail and superb written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid understanding of business and contract law.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.
- Robert Half Jobs