American Tower Lead Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) Lead Analyst oversees a variety of activities including but not limited to forecasting, budgeting, financial modeling, and reporting. The incumbent will be required to manage ad-hoc special projects, from time to time, that vary in scope and ambiguity. The individual will help inform decisions about business development projects that impact the long-term strategy of U.S. Tower.
- Design, develop and implement monthly analyses and assessments of all product lines and contract terms submitted to business leaders and to the Director of FP&A
- Develop and manage business partnerships across multiple departments
- Present financial results to the Senior Vice President and his/her direct reports on regular basis
- Develop models and business cases to support strategic corporate development initiatives, including acquisitions, divestitures, master lease agreements, and product launches
- Expand reporting capabilities and data governance by partnering with IT to develop a shared platform
- Develop, refine, and administer financial models that strategic partners use daily to present financials for external facing customers
- Communicate outcomes of analyses and research to internal stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end understanding of financials, strategy, process, and planning
- Understand the financial reporting nuances of new revenue lines, working in accordance with Accounting and Tax teams
- Act as liaison between business units and Accounting to ensure proper treatment of all profit and loss and capital impacts for actuals
- Prepare financial models, business narratives and PowerPoint presentations for senior executives
- Analyze and contribute to the drafting of requests for proposal responses and benchmark those responses to other competitive offers.
- Provide competitive costing recommendations that enable the Company to meet its financial objectives while positioning it for long-term success
- Attend external customer meetings to present and defend pricing and financial strategies
- Participate actively in meetings and customer leasing agreement negotiations
- Review and approve daily all capital expenditures across applicable product lines.
Other duties as assigned
- Supervise and manage the performance of Analysts and Senior Analysts
- Highly motivated, intelligent self-starter
- Able to determine priorities and plan, organize, and follow-through on assignments.
- Flexible and willing to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects.
- Strong track record of adding value to critical business decisions using sophisticated financial modeling and analysis.
- Familiarity with corporate accounting and governance and managing capital investment approvals.
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Office suite, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related major required
- Between 3–5 years of progressive finance experience, including consulting, investment banking, financial modeling and FP&A, with high growth companies required.
- Experience in financial planning for a large enterprise, financial modeling and financial analysis required.
- Master’s degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst certification preferred.
- Experience with business unit budgeting and reporting preferred.
- Experience implementing and using enterprise-wide planning tool preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Up to approximately 5% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Job: Lead Analyst FP&A UST
Title: Lead Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Requisition ID: 1900000K
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.