AMETEK, Inc. Director, Supply Chain in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Director, Supply Chain
Functional Area:Supply Chain
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:7 - 10 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Massachusetts - Wilmington
Division:AHV - Measurement & Power Systems
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Sensors and Fluid Management Systems
Our Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications and serves both the military and commercial markets. We offer custom design and engineering services and high quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Our product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, waste water level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
The Director, Supply Chain will lead the supply chain and materials strategy for the business unit. This role blends the tactical day to day management of the supply chain team and is a key driver of the strategic alignment to the future state business objectives.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience leading a remote team as well as a strong background in supplier development, revenue planning, inventory management, customer on-time performance, cost reduction, and PPV targets. This position will be based in Wilmington, MA and will require up to 30% travel both domestically and internationally, and will require a regular presence in our Reynosa, Mexico facility. This position reports directly to the Vice President and Business Unit Manager.
• Drive key initiatives to achieve best total cost structure, quality, lead-time, payment terms and service by negotiating strategic short-term and long-term supplier relationships and agreements
• Negotiate sourcing, pricing and material availability, ensuring subordinate staff buy, plan and expedite appropriately to meet production schedules.
• Direct supervision, mentoring and development of team in Wilmington, MA and Reynosa, Mexico and the creation of robust succession plans within the team. Team is responsible for materials planning and inventory management, and will provide support to the operations leadership withy warehousing and shipping activities.
• Proactively drive the overall strategy of critical commodities and the associated market conditions, processes, suppliers, and cost drivers.
• Forecasts and plans according to sales and production schedules, while simultaneously developing and executing strategies to lower inventory.
• Collaborate with operations, engineering, finance, corporate supply chain leadership and similar functions to drive process improvement and efficiency projects.
• Develop appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and set appropriate SMART goals, holding the team accountable for the success of those KPIs.
• Develop suppliers’ capabilities and assessments to improve quality, delivery and cost structure.
• Collaborate with peers and often lead appropriate kaizen and SIOP activities across the business unit.
• Drive Supplier Assessment process with all site Supply Chain and Supplier Quality teams; develop grow/maintain/exit strategies for suppliers of key commodities.
• Provide guidance for implementation of Supplier Managed Inventory programs and other functional and company-wide process improvements.
• Develop standardized sourcing and supply chain procedures and practices.
• Assure suppliers, processes and procedures are consistent with AS9100 requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus
• C.P.M., C.P.I.M or similar certification preferred
• Strong understanding and application of lean and continuous improvement tools (SIOP, Kanban Material pull management)
• Experience driving implementation of VMI or VMI Consignment inventory programs
• Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
• 7+ years leading a supply chain organization required, to include purchasing, planning, and strategic sourcing in a manufacturing environment
• 5+ years driving kaizen and SIOP events strongly preferred
• Prior experience with sourcing in low cost regions (Mexico preferred)
• Prior experience managing direct reports is required, to include remote management
• Prior experience sourcing commodities related to machining, casting, PCBAs and cable harnesses strongly preferred
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required; lean manufacturing, i.e. internal & supplier Kanban implementation, experience a plus
• Experience working with Oracle or similar ERP system required
• Experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry preferred
• Travel: 30%, including both domestic and international (Reynosa, Mexico)
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, candidate must be a US Citizen or Greencard holder.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.