Charles River Laboratories Business Development Executive - Northeast in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Business Development Executive - Northeast
Req ID #: 152520
Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Boston, MA, US, 02116 Malvern, PA, US, 19355 Hartford, CT, US, 06106 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Horsham, PA, US, 19044 Newark, DE, US, 19711 New Haven, CT, US, 06519-6052 Washington, DC, US, 20016-8061 US Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 Lowell, MA, US, 01854 Worcester, MA, US, 01608 Hollister, CA, US, 95023
For over 40 years, HemaCare, a Charles River company, has worked to making a positive impact on the world by providing the highest quality cellular material and services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies and research organizations that are performing innovative research and developing novel cell-based therapies.
We recognize that our success depends on the vision and passion of our employees; that is why we are devoted to making HemaCare a rewarding and valuable place to work. We believe in making a difference, and at HemaCare, you will make a difference every day.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
The Business Development Executive’s (BDE) primary responsibility is to develop new business relationships and expand existing relationships by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, and closing sales that drive profitable revenue growth. The BDE is directly responsible for achieving area sales and gross profit growth within various market segments such as Cell and Gene Therapy, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Regenerative Medicine, Vaccine, and Academic R&D.
• Demonstrate technical, negotiation, and selling skills.
• Develop a territory business plan to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross profit goals.
• Develop and maintain short- and long-term sales pipeline to consistently generate profitable revenue.
• Build team relationships with other Sales and Operational staff to maximize sales revenues and gross profit growth.
• Develop business proposals, statements of work and presentations which are a persuasive representation of HemaCare’s products/services for both sales and educational opportunities.
• Serve as the voice of the customers in their territory by collecting and communicating VOC to Marketing to improve customer experience and anticipate market changes so HemaCare can adapt and respond to new product and service needs.
• Enhance job knowledge by participating in local educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Work directly with HemaCare project managers to provide effective project and alliance management for existing and new customers and ensure timely monitoring and delivery of contract terms and milestones for GMP projects.
• Independently travel to and attend vendor shows and seminars to prospect, increase brand messaging and communicate with customers and clients.
• Attend trade shows and conferences and represent CRL/HemaCare in a professional manner.
• BS or BA degree in a scientific discipline required; MS, or Ph.D. preferred
• Two or more years previous experience in a similar sales role, preferably in selling to academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical researchers and organizations
• Familiar with primary human cells, stem cells, immunology, life science research, drug screen, toxicity test, cell-based assay, hematology, or flow cytometry.
• Proficient use of SalesForce or other CRM software
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
HemaCare, a Charles River company, is a global leader and trusted brand in the customization of human-derived biological products and services for biomedical research, drug discovery, and cell and gene therapy development. HemaCare’s vertically integrated solutions support preclinical research, clinical studies from phases 1 to 3, and commercialization with high-quality RUO and GMP-compliant starting material and apheresis collections.
In January 2020, HemaCare was acquired by Charles River Laboratories, an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). Combined with Charles River’s integrated, early-stage portfolio of discovery, safety assessment, and manufacturing support services, the acquisition creates a unique, comprehensive solution for researchers and cell therapy developers and manufacturers worldwide to help accelerate their critical programs from basic research and proof-of-concept to regulatory approval and commercialization. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs and enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market. We work closely with our clients throughout the clinical process to maximize success and drive positive clinical outcomes.
Together, with over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies, and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At HemaCare, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. We have proudly supported the development of 100% of the current commercially available FDA-approved immunocellular therapies. Our mission is to provide a best-in-class portfolio of high quality, customizable human cellular material and services to support drug discovery, scientific research, and cell therapy. This resonates from our employees and impacts our customers because we know that every day is an opportunity to advance discoveries and make a difference in someone’s life.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs