Charles River Laboratories Business Development Executive - Distributors in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Business Development Executive - Distributors
Req ID #: 152179
Northridge, CA, US, 91325 Skokie, IL, US, 60077 Fort Pierce, FL, US, 34982 Macon, FR, 71000 Newark, DE, US, 19711 Reno, NV, US, 89511 Billerica, MA, US, 01821 Charleston, SC, US, 29407 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 New Haven, CT, US, 06519-6052 Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 Cleveland, OH, US, 44128 Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 US Groton, CT, US, 06340 Framingham, MA, US, 01701 Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320 Washington, DC, US, 20016-8061 Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Raleigh, NC, US, 27610 Charlotte, NC, US, 28203 Bothell, WA, US, 98021 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Labelle, FL, US, 33935 Hartford, CT, US, 06106 Irvine, CA, US, 92612 Houston, TX, US, 77047 Boston, MA, US, 02116 St. Petersburg, FL, US, 33701 Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 Wayne, PA, US, 19087 Evanston, IL, US, 60201 Malvern, PA, US, 19355 Chicago, IL, US, 60654 Detroit, MI, US, 48201 Horsham, PA, US, 19044 Memphis, TN, US, 38104 Hollister, CA, US, 95023 Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Lowell, MA, US, 01854 Worcester, MA, US, 01608 Waltham, MA, US, 02451-1420
For over 40 years, HemaCare, a Charles River company, has worked to making a positive impact on the world by providing the highest quality cellular material and services to biotech and
pharmaceutical companies and research organizations that are performing innovative research and developing novel cell-based therapies.
We recognize that our success depends on the vision and passion of our employees; that is why we are devoted to making HemaCare a rewarding and valuable place to work. We believe in making a difference, and at HemaCare, you will make a difference every day.
The Business Development Executive’s (BDE) primary responsibility is to develop and nurture new distributor business relationships and expand existing relationships by analyzing distributor potential, and initiating/developing programs and activities that drive profitable revenue growth. The BDE is directly responsible for achieving sales and gross profit growth within a diverse distributor list that serves various market segments such as Cell and Gene Therapy, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Regenerative Medicine, Vaccine, and Academic R&D.
• Demonstrate technical, negotiation, and selling skills to distributor partners, engaging, and enabling them in selling HemaCare’s product and service portfolio.
• Develop a strategic distribution business plan to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals through strategic distribution partners.
• Develop, maintain and leverage distributor relationships, including evaluating and rating existing distributors and identifying potential new distributors to serve new markets/client needs.
• Build team relationships with other Sales and Operational staff to maximize sales revenues and gross profit growth through distribution channels, including training on distribution partners, coaching on best practices for working with distributors and partnering with other BDEs on sales opportunities through distribution.
• Develop presentations, trainings, tools, programs and activities which are a persuasive representation of HemaCare’s products/services to drive distributor confidence and enthusiasm in supporting product portfolio.
• Serve as the voice of the customers in their territory by collecting and communicating VOC from distributors (and their end-users) to Marketing to improve customer experience and anticipate market changes so HemaCare can adapt and respond to new product and service needs.
• Enhance job knowledge by participating in local educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Independently travel to distributor sites, and/or attend vendor shows and seminars to prospect, increase brand messaging and communicate with distributor partners.
• BS or BA degree in a scientific discipline; MS, or Ph.D. preferred.
• Two or more years previous experience in a similar sales role, preferably in selling to academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical researchers and organizations.
• Familiar with primary human cells, stem cells, immunology, life science research, drug screen, toxicity test, cell-based assay, hematology, or flow cytometry.
• Able to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external
• Proficient use of SalesForce or other CRM software.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint.
HemaCare, a Charles River company, is a global leader and trusted brand in the customization of human-derived biological products and services for biomedical research, drug discovery, and cell and gene therapy development. HemaCare’s vertically integrated solutions support preclinical research, clinical studies from phases 1 to 3, and commercialization with high-quality RUO and GMP-compliant starting material and apheresis collections.
In January 2020, HemaCare was acquired by Charles River Laboratories, an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). Combined with Charles River’s integrated, early-stage portfolio of discovery, safety assessment, and manufacturing support services, the acquisition creates a unique, comprehensive solution for researchers and cell therapy developers and manufacturers worldwide to help accelerate their critical programs from basic research and proof-of-concept to regulatory approval and commercialization. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs and enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market. We work closely with our clients throughout the clinical process to maximize success and drive positive clinical outcomes.
Together, with over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies, and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At HemaCare, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. We have proudly supported the development of 100% of the current commercially available FDA-approved immunocellular therapies. Our mission is to provide a best-in-class portfolio of high quality, customizable human cellular material and services to support drug discovery, scientific research, and cell therapy. This resonates from our employees and impacts our customers because we know that every day is an opportunity to advance discoveries and make a difference in someone’s life.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com and www.hemacare.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs