Textron 2024 Quality Engineer - Wilmington, MA in Wilmington, Massachusetts
2024 Quality Engineer - Wilmington, MA
Who We Are
We are Textron Systems, best known for innovative defense technologies and services. We areof Textron Inc, one of the world’s leading multi-industry companies, recognized for its powerful brands such as Bell, Cessna, Beechcraft, E-Z-GO, Arctic Cat and many more. Our company leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative products and services.
But our business is all about people – the customers who rely on us and the exceptional team that brings our mission to life.
We've been in the industry for more than 50 years and embraced the unique capabilities that come with being a mid-sized player. We bring the agility of a small business to meet our customers' most urgent requirements and empower our team members to push past possible. We can scale quickly to solve the big problems, working across functions, sites, and business lines to make it happen. We’re comprised of 7 domains specializing in Air, Sea, Land, Weapons Systems, Electronic Systems, Propulsion, and Testing and Training Simulations.
Start your career in a big way by joining Textron Systems. We are here to provide necessary and life-changing services and products to our customers. We are right where the real work happens. By joining our team, you will gain exciting and versatile experiences from day one to fuel your growth. Talent development is a big part of who we are. Don't just start your career - go big.
VisitTextronSystems.comto read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Serve as the Quality Engineer supporting the microwave module production facility within Textron Systems’ Electronic Systems product area.
Provide hands-on support as a key member of the Microelectronics manufacturing team, interfacing daily with Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Design and Process Engineering, Production Operators and Inspectors, and Test Engineers and Technicians, to understand and resolve production issues and provide for continuous improvement of the manufacturing process.
Monitor processes using nonconformance and test discrepancy metrics to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
Build off recent modernization and throughput improvement efforts by continuously improving inspection equipment, methods, and procedures.
Work closely with Supplier Quality Engineers to follow-up with component manufacturers for resolution of identified issues.Participate in or lead process correction and improvement activities using a structured process and analysis tools to accurately define issues, implement containment actions, analyze and identify root cause(s), implement corrective and preventive actions, and verify the effectiveness of improvements.
Participate as a key member of the material review board (MRB) to recommend dispositions of nonconforming material so that it may be brought into compliance with specifications.
Create and deliver report data and presentations to local management regarding area performance.
Support higher level management presentations and engagements as required.
Participate in design document reviews as assigned.
Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Knowledge of statistical techniques and applications
Effective written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills.
Ability to analyze specifications, drawings, procedures, and schematics.
Ability to apply logical, scientific, or analytical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
Knowledge of Electrical manufacturing processes
Technical knowledge of inspection and test techniques.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful.We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences and unique perspectives.
Our company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules: Enjoy compressed work week schedulethat varies by allowing for additional days off such as 9/80 and 4/10s, leading to additional Fridays off work!
- Paid Time Off: Enjoy over 6 weeks of total paid time off (PTO) that consist of 120 hours of vacation, 56 hours of illness/personal time and 80 hours of holiday.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We believe in investing in the progress and growth of our employee’s.Receive up to $10,000 for relevant graduate degrees per calendar year.
- Dress for Your Day :No day is the same, so we don’t think you should dress like it. Dress smart for an important meeting, wear jeans for a casual day at the office or on the shop floor.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Choose plans that fit your lifestyle- 3 medical plans, prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, additional life insurance coverage. Company paid benefits include basic life insurance, short- and long-term disability and employee assistance program. Comprehensive wellness incentive plan and annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Future Savings: Receive a company contribution to your 401k up to 9% of your salary! The earlier you start your career with us, the more you save.
- Employee Discounts: We provide a one-stop-shop for access to exclusive offers and deep discounts from over 30,000 merchants and millions of products such as Bose, Apple, FitBit, HP, At&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, travel discounts and more!
- Many More Benefits: Textron Systems offers additional benefits such as service awards, cell phone retail discounts, travel and gym membership discounts, emergency travel assistance, home and auto discounts, adoption assistance and more!
Templates for your Application
We aim to make sure all candidates are considered on an equal basis.To ensure your application accurately represents your skills and background, we encourage you to view a sample template resume and application tips located here .
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country.We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Wilmington
Recruiting Company: Textron Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Compressed Work Week (9x80)
Req ID: 313903
- Textron Jobs