Dairy Farmers of America Warehouse Group Leader (2nd Shift M-F) in Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Position : Warehouse Group Leader (2nd Shift M-F)
Location : Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: : 14147
Our Friendly's Ice Cream Manufacturing brand has an immediate job opening for a Warehouse Group Leader., who is is responsible for maintaining working knowledge and must be able to operate all equipment and perform all roles (i.e. Palletizer, Hardening Room, Packaging, Product Puller, Forklift Operator, Order Assembly-Picker/Loader, and Checker) in a cooler/warehouse environment.
· Reports any mechanical problems such as bad wearstrips, plugged or missing lube nozzles, spacer stop malfunctions, palletizer malfunctions or conveyor breakdowns.
· Handle damaged and/or “dump” products appropriately.
· Remove all broken cases from cooler and handle appropriately.
· Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
· Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment (when certified).
· Monitor end-product weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
· Ensure proper code date rotation.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
· Manage cross-function relationships to ensure timely load*out of products.
· Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
· Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
· Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
· Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
· Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
· Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Friendly's Ice Cream Manufacturing is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a dairy marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Our mark matters and it represents the wholesomeness of dairy that we share with our communities and loved ones. DFA manufactures a variety of dairy products, including cheese, butter, fluid milk, ice cream, dairy ingredients and more, under well-known and established regional brands. Our fingerprints touch thousands of brands across the marketplace, and we’re passionate about delivering the simple pleasures of dairy to people everywhere, straight from our family farm-owners. At Friendly's Ice Cream Manufacturing, we create Friendly's Ice Cream and are proud to provide families with fresh, delicious dairy.
By joining DFA, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities – come join us!
OUR GROUP LEADERS CAN MAKE UP TO:
- $23.81 per hour
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 2:00p-10:30p
401(k) with company contribution
Paid vacation and holidays
Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
Comprehensive healthcare benefits
Service recognition and employee rewards
Employee referral program
Work for dairy farm families
High school diploma or GED preferred
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal
Effective verbal and written communications skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings including drug, background and criminal checks
Must be able to stand, walk, pull, push, reach and bend virtually the entire shift
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is necessary and manually stack and move cases up to 6-8 cases high
Must be able to work in a wet environment and work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35–40 degrees Fahrenheit
Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays
May occasionally be exposed to cleaning chemicals
May be exposed to nut allergens due to working at ice cream plant
Minimum six months experience in operating a forklift in a high efficiency environment
Minimum six months experience related to manufacturing environment
Must be able to pass a written and driving forklift skills test
DFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
California applicants, click here (https://www.dfamilk.com/privacy-policy) for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.