Newell Brands Quality Assistant II - Yankee Candle in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Quality Assistant II
Location: Whately, MA
Shift/Hours: 2nd shift Monday – Friday 2:00PM – 10:00PM
3rd shift Sunday – Thursday 10:00PM – 6:00AM
Job Summary: Quality Assistant II
Under general supervision, conducts and/or monitors a wide range of laboratory test procedures utilizing a variety of specialized equipment and materials. Perform testing on raw materials, new products and equipment. Travels between Yankee Candle local campuses to perform material inspections. Creates detail inspection and product test reports using established forms and processes.
• Receives raw materials and perform quality control testing on raw materials.
• Evaluates finish product quality; Reports issues and perform follow-up investigation processes.
• Train new and current employees in all aspects of the Quality Assistant I and II positions.
• Monitors on- line production runs. Monitors trial and pilot runs and record data while monitoring the preparation process, production process and finished product.
• Prepares olfactive quality standards & monitor outdates for replacement; Performs material testing to ASTM standards.
• Efficiently and accurately uses all lab equipment as required including analytical instrumentation.
• Participates in supplier conference calls and direct meeting for quality issue investigation and resolution may require off site travel to suppliers for issue resolution and auditing
• Performs candle & home accents burn performance testing with basic training; Performs co-manufacturing candle test burns.
• Recognizes quality issues, initiates and follows through on product/ raw material q-holds. Performs CTQ ceramic performance testing.
• Performs line audits in lead role. Provides issue documentation, reporting, investigation and analysis of issues with recommendations.
• Works safely in order to help preserve the safety and health of coworkers, guests and visitors as well as their own.
• High school Diploma or equivalent experience required.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Safety awareness and thorough knowledge of lifting procedures. As well as the ability to exert physical effort for weights generally up to 45 lbs.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize one’s own work in a fast-paced, date-driven environment.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Previous quality or lab experience,
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
• Basic math skills as well as proficient computer skills with MS Office applications (Word, Excel) with Oracle & PKMS a plus.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs