Newell Brands Color Specialist 12-hour rotating nights - Yankee Candle in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Color Specialist
Location: Whately, MA
Shift: 12 hour nights rotating schedule 5:45 PM – 6:00 AM
Job Summary: Color Specialist 12-hour nights
The Color Specialist will coordinate the completion of batches in a timely fashion to meet scheduling needs of the production floor, as established by the Job Flow team. Works closely with the Wax Prep Specialists providing component review, color review, and final authorization of scent time to ensure a quality product.
• Coordinates the completion of all batches with the Senior Machine Operators to ensure minimum dwell time and continuous filling operation.
• Covers areas (rotation basis) requiring specificity and detailed accuracy, such as the Spectro Room (color analysis/approval of all batches) and the Dye room (metering of all dye formulas).
• Provide visual color approval when necessary. (Passing Color Test Required) Review documentation for accuracy. Use prioritization to cover multiple areas when necessary, communicating clearly to team.
• Acts as area leader on the floor. Assign resources as required to ensure their most efficient use including materials, labor, and equipment. Maintain close connection with Production team to ensure Work is being completed in the most effective manner. Maintain a smooth flow of work in the area and a keen awareness of the pace of the production line. Initiate conversations when situations appear to have varied from the current understanding. Complete reporting as required
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write in the English language
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis
• Good working knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to calculate percentages
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
• Basic knowledge of computers a plus
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs