Eversource Energy Sustainability Analyst (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
The Sustainability Analyst will have the opportunity to support critical initiatives to further advance the Company’s overall sustainability program and demonstrate industry leadership through the execution of environmental, social and governance (ESG) best practices. Project work will include tracking sustainability rater performance, developing polished presentations and communication materials, managing relevant databases, and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to gather information as needed and identify opportunities to enhance sustainability performance at the functional level.
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
- Support the development and implementation of strategic sustainability initiatives consistent with corporate goals and objectives.
- Engage subject matter experts throughout the company to execute sustainability strategy, compile information on key initiatives and track performance against goals.
- Contribute to the development of our annual sustainability report and other materials that communicate our sustainability efforts to internal and external stakeholders, including presentations and financial reports.
- Maintain a regular assessments of sustainability standards, frameworks, rater metrics and trends, along with governmental requirements, to ensure external reporting is aligned and continues to meet evolving expectations.
- Track methodology changes through engagement with sustainability rating entities and interpret impacts to the Company, ensure information is accurate and improvement opportunities are identified.
- Compile data and prepare responses to sustainability rating entities including CDP, Sustainalytics, MSCI and ISS.
- Perform quality checks and trend analyses of sustainability data used for key disclosures and coordinate with subject matter experts to ensure a high-level of data integrity are met and approvals documented.
- Conduct benchmarking against industry peers and best practices to develop recommendations to enhance our sustainability strategy and/or reporting.
- Provide miscellaneous support to Sustainability & Environmental Affairs department as needed including vendor/consultant management, processing regulatory reports and tracking compliance tasks.
- Technical Knowledge/Skill:
- Strong work ethic and enthusiastic to apply a passion for sustainability in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Equally comfortable in conducting routine tasks (such as monitoring ESG rater performance) as with creatively offering solutions to optimize processes, anticipate changing conditions that the team needs to respond to and/or proactively conduct research and make recommendations in support of the team’s collective objectives.
- Strong handle of (or, ideally experience with) sustainability standards and reporting frameworks including Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and United Nations Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs).
- Strong handle of (or ideally experience with) key sustainability rating entities including CDP, MSCI, Sustainalytics, and ISS.
- Highly collaborative and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to methodically research, analyze and synthesize information to deliver clear conclusions and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Excellent data management skills including a strong attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Eager to learn and take-on various responsibilities with support of the broader team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Business, or other related field with a sustainability focus, or equivalent.
- Three (3) plus years’ experience conducting similar sustainability work.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs