Eversource Energy Senior Analyst, Transmission in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Support the clean energy transition in New England by providing excellent analytical services that support growth of the Eversource electric transmission business, including early-stage development of strategic electric transmission projects and initiatives through electricity market simulation modeling, data analysis, and industry research.
The Senior Analyst in Transmission is located in one of the following locations: Hartford,CT or Westwood, MA or Manchester, NH.
This role supports the clean energy transition in New England by providing excellent analytical services that support growth of the Eversource electric transmission business, including early-stage development of strategic electric transmission projects and initiatives through electricity market simulation modeling, data analysis, and industry research. The goal of this position is to support the clean energy transition in New England by providing excellent analytical services that support growth of the Eversource electric transmission business. In this position you will be responsible for supporting early-stage development of strategic electric transmission projects and initiatives through electricity market simulation modeling, data analysis, and industry research. You will be responsible for developing and executing economic analyses for the ISO-NE control area based on input from internal and external stakeholders. These analyses may support specific transmission projects, investigate general transmission concepts, and/or to inform policy-driven initiatives. You will be asked to collaborate with a team of engineers and analysts to provide the most accurate and useful information to inform how electric transmission can best enable the growth of clean energy technologies and facilitate meeting the aggressive decarbonization goals of the New England states.
- Develop, troubleshoot, document, and maintain zonal and nodal energy market and capacity expansion models in PLEXOS, including pre-processing of data inputs and post-processing of results
- Analyze, draw conclusions from, graph, and document the results of energy market simulations
- Research and analyze relevant policies and studies that impact and influence the growth of Eversource’s transmission business and modeling assumptions
- Support other groups within Eversource by providing data, simulation outputs, or relevant knowledge from the transmission business
Required Technical Knowledge/Skill
- Working knowledge of ISO-NE wholesale markets or transmission planning procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite, including some advanced functions in MS Excel such as lookup functions, pivot tables, power query, etc.
Preferred Technical Knowledge/Skill
- Experience with electric production cost modeling tools such as PLEXOS, Gridview, PROMOD, or any software with similar functionality and purpose. If no experience with production cost modeling, experience with power system analysis software such as PSS/E, TARA, Powerworld, ASPEN Oneliner, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of major ongoing clean energy policy activities that impact Eversource’s transmission business such as Connecticut and Massachusetts state-mandated clean energy procurements, FERC interconnection and transmission planning reforms, etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms such as PowerBI for reporting and analyzing data
- Experience with Python, particularly for scraping web data, analyzing and transforming data, and interfacing with APIs.
- Experience with data visualization or geographic information system software
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Environmental Science, a related discipline, or four (4) years of equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years of related experience
- Significant experience in one of the following areas: energy market analysis, energy contract negotiation, power system modeling, electric transmission planning, electric transmission policy
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs