Eversource Energy Manager, Policy, Transmission in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Manage Eversource’s active engagement on transmission policy and regulatory matters, including proceedings at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and proceedings across three state jurisdictions (CT, MA, NH). Support advocacy of Eversource’s position with respect to new or revised rules, regulations, or laws affecting the Company’s transmission business, including transmission planning, cost allocation, and clean energy integration, including engaging with Eversource’s trade associations. Responsible for working directly and collaboratively with various internal stakeholders to provide insights and ensure alignment on key issues affecting Eversource’s transmission business.
The Manager of Policy in Transmission can be located in Hartford, CT or Westwood, MA or Manchester, NH.
- The Manager of of Policy in Transmission is responsible to manage Eversource’s active engagement on transmission policy and regulatory matters, including proceedings at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and proceedings across three state jurisdictions (CT, MA, NH). Support advocacy of Eversource’s position with respect to new or revised rules, regulations, or laws affecting the Company’s transmission business, including transmission planning, cost allocation, and clean energy integration, including engaging with Eversource’s trade associations. Responsible for working directly and collaboratively with various internal stakeholders to provide insights and ensure alignment on key issues affecting Eversource’s transmission business.
- Manages Eversource’s active and effective participation with trade associations and coalitions that advocate on transmission-related issues.
- Oversees cross-functional analysis of proposals for changes to transmission tariffs, federal and state regulations and proposed legislation affecting Eversource. Develops proposed policy and works with internal stakeholders to reach consensus on strategy.
- Ensures Eversource management is accurately informed, in a timely manner, on all relevant transmission policy regional and national issues through regular communication and integrated forums to disseminate information.
- Leads Eversource’s participation in FERC proceedings affecting electric transmission, including development of comments on proposed rule changes. Coordinate, align and prepare research, testimony and supporting exhibits as necessary to support Eversource’s policy positions. Manages preparation of responses to data requests. Work products must be able to withstand challenges from opposing parties.
- Strategically coordinates with other regional organizations, such as ISO New England and other Transmission Owners, when joint filings are required
- Advises other Eversource departments on details of emerging policy issues, including transmission planning, transmission interconnections, and transmission cost allocation.
- Represents Eversource at regional and national forums.
- Participates in regional studies such as Connecticut’s Integrated Resource Plan, Comprehensive Energy Strategy or other RFPs that require input from a Transmission perspective.
- Requires strong knowledge of regulatory, legislative, and industry trends in the energy sector and utility operations, including advances in technology and the resulting impact on the state and region.
- Demonstrated ability in working across functional / organizational boundaries is desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with concepts related to electric transmission and emerging utility technologies (e.g. distributed energy, grid modernization, storage, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Requires knowledge and experience with ISO/RTO processes and FERC open access transmission tariffs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, Operations Management, Public Policy, Political Science, related degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of related experience in the electricity industry is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Working Conditions:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Must be available for occasional travel outside of the service area (i.e. Washington, DC)
- Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
- Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs