Eversource Energy Lead Transmission & Engineering Planning & Scheduling in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)WILL BE UPDATED
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for integrating all Substation, Transmission and Distribution Lines, and Engineering work. Oversees, integrates and maintains the centralized Master Schedule for a designated group. Responsible for the overall data integrity and adherence to scheduling standards. Responsible for project control management, roll-up of all construction schedules and integration into the Centralized Master Schedule. Performs integrated analytical assessment of internal and external resources needed to drive project completion. Develops, maintains and issues organizational reports (scorecards) that promote integrated decisions around project completion. Responsible for improving the forecasting of resources and expenditures, and optimizing resource utilization for Substation, Transmission, and Distribution projects. The position will also take a lead role in the organization to drive planning and scheduling of internal and external resources for construction activities. Directly supervises Integrated Planning and Scheduling staff.
- Develops, coordinates and maintains an integrated construction schedule for a designated group, including reports (scorecards) to measure organizational performance.
- Oversees the work planning/scheduling process, including preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts, and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
- Establishes and manages the global templates for use in creating schedules and forecasts of future resource requirements. This includes tracking historical costs and durations for continuous improvement of work plan estimates.
- Leads the standardization and integration of all schedules used in the Integrated Planning & Scheduling function.
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of data through bi-weekly project update meetings.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and best practices for Integrated Planning & Scheduling.
- Provides direct supervision and coaching to the Planning and Scheduling Group. Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of employees. Builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through coaching and on-the-job training.
- Requires expert level project and schedule management skills, including knowledge of scheduling tool, Primavera
- Requires knowledge of Construction Principles and Practices, Operations, Maintenance, Safety Standards and Business Processes
- Requires working knowledge of labor contracts
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five to ten years of experience in planning, scheduling or related field
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods of time.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, presenting, leading and coordinating.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs