Eversource Energy Lead Engineer, Underground Transmission Line Engineering (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for the development, expansion, planning and design of the underground transmission system and its equipment to meet the mission and objectives of the organization. In addition, this position assists with engineering input on maintenance and operation initiatives as well as the evaluation of system failures and the appropriate resolutions, to provide support during unplanned outages. The Lead Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the Eversource transmission system is designed to internal and industry standards that provide customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced, and environmentally sound electric service. This position requires strong communication with other internal (e.g., asset management, project management, siting, real estate, substation engineering, etc.) and external (e.g., engineering vendors, cable manufacturers, civil contractors) project stake holders in the development and construction of the alignments and transmission system. This is a leadership role, so the Lead Engineer is also responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing, educating, and directing the work performed by other direct report Engineers.
- Supervises, coaches, and develops engineers; approves time and conducts performancereviews. Assigns,prioritizes, and directs work performed by at least 4 FTE Engineers.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system, which may include reliability analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for the development, justification, and approval of the underground transmission line design activities over a multi-year horizon and for ongoing projects.
- Ensures that the design and specification of additions, modifications, and replacements to the transmission system, and the preparation of system electrical permits and related customer notifications, are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for the development and deliverables of engineering at each design phase.
- Coordinates schedules and deliverables with the project teams.
- Manages contractors onboarded by the department to perform external engineering functions.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines, and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for design, operation, and maintenance.
- Assumes the role of the Manager as required.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills andattention-to-detail.
- Working knowledge of standard office computer software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of industry standards (e.g., AEIC, ICEA, CIGRE, IEEE) is preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Requires a BS Engineering or BS Engineering Technology.
- A minimum of eight (8) years in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of underground transmission.
- Experience in an electrical utility industry preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $133,570.00 to $148,410.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs