Eversource Energy Junior Lead Engineer, Substation Technical Engineering (EMA) (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are full time in the office.
Job Description Summary:
This Junior Lead Engineer is responsible for the development, expansion, planning, design, maintenance, and operation of the system and its equipment to meet the mission and objectives of the organization. In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of system failures, and the appropriate resolutions, in order to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance. This Junior Lead Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the Eversource transmission and distribution systems are designed to high quality standards that provide customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound electric service. This position shares accountability with peers in the strategy, development, and design of the organization’s Life Cycle Plan, a comprehensive long-term plan for the transmission/distribution system. Responsible for helping Lead Engineers with overseeing, assigning, prioritizing, and directing the work performed by other Engineers and staff.
- Helps mentor and coach other engineers and may be assigned to approve their time.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system which may include reliability analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for the development, justification, and approval of the Life Cycle Plan activities over a multi-year horizon and for ongoing projects.
- Ensures that the design and specification of additions, modifications and replacements to the transmission and distribution systems, and the preparation of system electrical permits and related customer notifications, are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for the development of preliminary engineering designs and the details, as necessary.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within the organization to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Engineering Technology required.
- 3-5 years of Substation Engineering or related electric utility experience is required.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention-to-detail.
- Working knowledge of standard office computer software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Individual must be able to work in-person and attend site visits as required.
- Familiarity with substation equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers, switchgear, reclosers, capacitor banks and associated controls, instrument transformers, reactors, switches, and batteries is desired.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position starts at $92,140.00 to $102,380.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs