Eversource Energy Interconnections Customer Coordinator, Transmission in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The Interconnections Customer Coordinator (ICC) is responsible for supporting TIS Leads and assisting the Manager of Interconnections and Services with the interconnection of generator and load projects to the EVERSOURCE Service Territory through project management services. This position asks as a liaison with all internal departments of EVERSOURCE that support interconnections. In addition, the ICC must possess an understanding of the strategic aspects of the interconnection such that they can offer creative and efficient approaches to the interconnection project.
The Interconnections Customer Coordinator (ICC), Transmissions is located in Hartford, CT or Westwood, MA and is responsible for supporting TIS Leads and assisting the Manager of Interconnections and Services with the interconnection of generator and load projects to the EVERSOURCE Service Territory through project management services. This position asks as a liaison with all internal departments of EVERSOURCE that support interconnections. In addition, the ICC must possess an understanding of the strategic aspects of the interconnection such that they can offer creative and efficient approaches to the interconnection project.
- Project Management support to the interconnections team.
- Ability to work on multiple interconnection projects with various EVERSOURCE departments to ensure TIS Leads have the necessary information for constructive conversations with ISO-NE and the Interconnecting Customer (IC).
- ICC will manage and acquire interconnection information related to constructability, project costs, and engineering design of the proposed interconnection.
- Support the Manager of Interconnections and Services with the development and documentation of EVERSOURCE policies related to transmission interconnections for implementation of regional tariffs and guidelines addressing items such as: planning/studies, siting/permitting, construction, and maintenance activities.
- Support the Manager of Interconnections and Services with the development and documentation of interdivisional work procedures (including the distribution company interface) for interconnecting generators under federal and states guidelines consistent with established EVERSOURCE policy.
- Support the Manager of Interconnections and Services with the development and maintenance of management reports and enabling systems that focus on key business issues such as compliance with FERC guidelines, generator billing, and account management.
- Take the lead with retirements and physical disconnections of interconnection projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiation of complex issues with multiple parties.
- Demonstrated expertise in verbal and written communications, and formal presentations.
- Demonstrated expertise in relationship/team building.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others.
- Ability to work effectively and represent Transmission positions with all levels of the EVERSOURCE organization, ISO-NE and regulatory organizations.
- Excellent teambuilding, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- The ability to schedule, plan, and manage complex projects.
- Ability to quickly understand related regulatory and legislative requirements and proposals.
- Thorough knowledge of ISO-NE tariff schedule 22 and 23 for generator interconnections, applicable engineering, work practices and procedures, and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of the energy delivery power system.
Baccalaureate degree in business administration, engineering, finance or the equivalent is required. Master’s degree in engineering, finance or MBA is desirable. Project Management Certificate of accomplishment is desirable.
- Three (3) to five (5) years years utility experience that includes general management experience or lead or project management experience.
- Prior experience helpful in the broad aspects of power systems planning and operations, power pool operations, emerging power markets, regulatory interfaces with federal and state authorities.
- Prior experience negotiating with individual external companies within pre-established business guidelines and procedures.
- Prior experience representing/negotiating business interests to an external, regional or industry organization.
- Experience developing written proposals and presentations in a team environment.
- Experience implementing and complying with EVERSOURCE engineering and construction guidelines
Licenses & Certifications: None
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds . Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet .
- The employee is occasionally exposed to uneven terrain; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs