Eversource Energy Gas Supply Portfolio Analyst (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Gas Supply team as a Gas Supply Portfolio Analyst. This role develops the forecasting models and supply requirements for the gas supply demand profile of the Gas LDC customers. The role develops and executes strategies to achieve the objectives of the Company related to the Gas Supply function.
In addition, the analyst will work on detailed analysis to minimize the cost of the portfolio and ensure reliable delivery of supply by managing and optimizing the use of the gas portfolio assets of pipeline capacity, underground storage and peaking resources. Executes the necessary procurement and supply related transactions in accordance with approved Gas Supply department policies and procedures. Participates in state regulatory proceedings regarding resource acquisition and management. Responsible for maintaining and utilizing the models required to manage the portfolio requirements and subsequent regulatory filings. Supports Gas Supply Accounting and Retail Choice program activity and assists in coverage as needed.
The role is based in Westwood, MA or Berlin, CT
- Prepares the daily, monthly and seasonal load forecasting and portfolio management plans including:
- Develops, evaluates and makes award recommendations for Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for wholesale gas peaking and asset management services
- Executes all daily, monthly and seasonal wholesale supply and capacity transactions with third parties according to approved portfolio management policies and procedures.
- Collects market intelligence through comprehension of industry publications andinteractions/relationshipswith market participants
- Negotiates NAESB agreements with new counterparties, consulting with Treasury and Legal departments as needed to enable documents for gas transactions.
- Coordinates daily supply and demand balancing with Gas Operations and executes adjustments as needed
- Keeps current with all pipeline tariffs, rate cases and other filings.
- Assists in the development of the States’ mandated Forecast Supply Plans for the Gas Supply business.
- Maintains/runs Sendout Model to optimize natural gas supply portfolio of Eversource Gas Business Units.
- Assists in analysis to develop the Company’s position on issues of interest and coordinates efforts with local and regional customer groups concerning the domestic and international gas industry.
- Works closely with various team members and department experts to achieve departmental goals.
- Assists in the development of analysis and presentations for executive management.
- Supports the Manager of Gas Procurement and Market Analytics by performing special analysis as needed in areas of Gas Supply portfolio management, regulatory proceedings and gas market dynamics.
- Strong spreadsheet, analytical and statistical skills (e.g., pivot tables, regression analysis, lookup & reference functions)
- Demonstrated knowledge of gas transportation, production, distribution, storage and system operation
- Thorough knowledge of gas contracting practices and/or procurement activities
- Knowledge of pipeline tariffs, and of pipeline and distribution facilities and operational characteristics
- Knowledge of computer operation, various pipelines’ electronic bulletin boards and nomination systems and gas SCADA system
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and pipeline bulletin boards
- Requires computer modeling skills and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail along with the ability to consistently provide accurate and timely work product with a commercial focus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business, a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree or MBA is preferred
- 3-5 years of energy industry experience (preferably natural gas) including scheduling and/or trading or related industrial and statistical experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position starts at $87,150.00 to $96,830.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs