CVS Health Retail Store Manager in Westport, Massachusetts
The Store Manager In Training (SMIT) job is a development focused role that is crafted to prepare you for a CVS Store Manager position.
The SMIT program is designed to enhance your career as a future store leader. We support your development towards the store manager role by participating in a self-paced, collaborative training over the span of 16 weeks.
We provide both virtual and hands on learning experiences to develop you as a leader. Our team of people, that support your growth toward your leadership career include: your District Leader, Human Resources Business Partner, Training Store Manager, and your Store Manager coach.
Some of the skills needed for this role are:
• Communicate well verbally and in writing to support and lead your team.
• Perform customer care duties to provide high levels of service.
• Execute merchandising strategies to support store sales growth.
• Manage the store inventory and assets to maintain profitability.
We are invested in your growth and anticipate that you will be as well. We expect our SMIT's to:
• Actively engage with your leader in Key Learning Experiences to support you on your path to promotion during the structured program.
• Support your store as management team member and lead in a manner that is consistent with CVS values and policies.
• Engage your colleagues in support of the company's purpose of "helping people on their path to better health."
• Be willing to accept promotion roles with the market that you work in.
Selection for the SMIT position does not guarantee promotion into a Store Manager position. Whether and when you are actually promoted to Store Manager is dependent on a variety of factors, including but not limited to performance and availability of openings.
• Willingness to accept a promotion to Store Manager role at any location in the designated market.
• Ability to transfer to other CVS Pharmacy stores located within the designated market.
• Ability to work a schedule that may vary based on business needs.
• High School diploma or GED
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Retail management experience, or experience as a CVS Supervisor
‐ A high school diploma or GED is required.- A four year college degree is preferred, or relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs