Biogen Director US Rare Disease- Patient/Consumer Marketing in Weston, Massachusetts
The Director US Rare Disease Marketing - Patient/Consumer will be a critical role and visible leader within the US Marketing Team, leading the overall Patient/Consumer strategies to find and activate patients, drive educational efforts and message for patients and families, and maximize appropriate patient adherence. This position is responsible for leading a team of Patient/Consumer focused marketers and establishing strategic direction through analysis of insights to drive key strategic choices for product and patient customer experience. This position also requires ability to collaborate and lead projects that focus on supporting the intersection of HCP and patient. This position requires strong digital and social media experience to help to continue to advance the brand and the organization into the digital space.
_Key Responsibilities Include:_
· Strategic Planning: Develop and execute consumer strategic plan maintain market leadership in competitive market
· Brand Planning: Play a critical role in shaping US Brand Strategy, identifying key intervention points and rallying the organization to deliver against that plan.
· Messaging: Translate deep patient/consumer insights into actionable strategies and messages to find, activate, educate, and support SMA patients and families.
· Consumer Marketing Expertise: Serve as an internal center of excellence on consumer/patient marketing, and partner extensively with various internal functions (Patient Advocacy, Patient Services, Corporate Affairs, US Market Access, Global Brand Team) to ensure that the patient remains at the center our efforts
· Digital and Social Media Expertise: SMA is Rare Disease with a strong online community in social media and other platforms. This position will require expertise in these digital channels and a demonstrated ability to navigate execution within complex multidisciplinary teams.
· Leadership: This position oversees 3 direct reports. As such, this position will help enhance consumer marketing capabilities and will be accountable to lead and manage a best-in-class consumer marketing team.
· Leading on Innovation: Identify and incorporate innovative strategies, programs and tactics that leverage advancements in technology, media and communications.
The qualified candidate must have a proven track record of strong strategic thinking with practical experience of taking the thinking through to implementation. The qualified candidate should also have:
• Deep commercial/marketing expertise
• Strong digital experience and expertise
• Expertise in making key business choices and leading implementation across the matrix
• Proven record of direct team management and cross-functional management
• Ability to prioritize and manage complex and innovative projects
• Strong personal drive and proven record in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to problem solve and drive innovation
• Ability to effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal stakeholders, at all levels of the organization, and external business partners
• Excellent communication skills
• Seasoned commercial professional, with 10+ years of commercial experience, within those, 5+ years of marketing experience (with at least two years within US market
• Minimum of 6 years biotech/pharma marketing experience
• Neurology/Rare Disease experience a plus.
• Ability to analyze data and insight to define a crisp 3-year brand/customer strategy.
• Ability to operate independently without strong support/guidance.
• Work well within a fast paced and dynamic environment with an ability to have an impact in a short space of time.
• Must exhibit leadership skills, ability to perform in fast paced environments and ability to influence without authority. Previous people management preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and polished executive presence required.
Bachelor's Degree required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.