Abbott Senior Calibration Technician in Westford, Massachusetts
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Westford, MA currently has an opportunity for a Senior Calibration Technician. The Senior Calibration Technician will be responsible for working under minimal supervision, performs relatively operational checks, preventative maintenance checks and accuracy verifications of measurement and test equipment used in production, and research and development (R&D).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Perform calibrations to in – house assets ranging from simple hand-tools to complex test equipment.
• Act as main point of contact with external calibration vendors to resolve all issues and coordinate efforts.
• Conduct routine testing of equipment per work instruction documentation.
• Perform maintenance of equipment per work instruction documentation.
• Repair equipment of equipment per work instruction documentation.
• Prepare reports including Work Orders (WO), IQs, and more.
• Train junior technicians as required to complete calibration tasks and documentation.
• Review external vendor certifications for completeness and accuracy.
• Review WOs to ensure all criteria is included for Maximo EAM completion.
• Perform 4 : 1 TAR and guard banding calculations. When required obtain standard accuracy data for calculations.
• Assist as required with OOT investigations and reviews.
• Update docs in Windchill / Viewpoint as required.
• Update Maximo EAM as required to coordinate and close calibration WOs.
• Train to calibration procedures as required to enhance personal skillset.
• Apply existing work methods to different situations and solves problems ranging from recurring/routine to complex situations .
• Utilizing various measurement/test equipment and computers, calibrates electronic test measuring equipment and signal generating equipment to conform to set standards.
• Tests, calibrates, adjusts, and maintains measuring and indicating instruments.
• Writes calibration procedures, prepares documentation, inputs data, and generates reports.
• Sets up calibration sequences, methods and procedures according to detailed specifications, documents, drawings, and requirements.
• Applies theoretical principals, evaluation, ingenuity, and creative/analytical techniques to identify route cause of calibration problem
May serve as lead and assign work to less experienced personnel; reviews work of lower-level employees for quality and content; serves as a mentor when assisting less experienced staff in solving more complex problems.
Working environment varies from standard office/cubicle with air/sound/light control to general laboratory and production areas with varying physical conditions including "clean room" situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
High school diploma or GED required
Minimum 5 years of related experience
Associates Degree in Engineering, Electronics or another technical field
Technical Degree or Certificate
ASQ Certified Calibration Technician (CCT).
Progressively more responsible related work experience in the calibration of test equipment
Established eye-hand coordination, the capability to work with small precision devices and frequently used hand tools, a comprehensive knowledge of the calibration and test equipment, and the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
The ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is also required; this requirement includes clear, understandable speech and demonstrated comprehension skills
Requires demonstrated knowledge/understanding of GMP, other key practices and procedures of the function, company products, polices, and programs.
Must be proficient in using various PC-based document control software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, or similar word processing/spreadsheet software.
Some of the work experience requirements may be waived for calibration technicians who have earned a diploma or a degree from a technical school, trade school, military school, college, or university.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com (http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbott Jobs