Eversource Energy Supervisor, SCADA Technical Operations, Gas System Operations in Westborough, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
Supervise Gas SCADA personnel engaged in the maintenance, construction, and repair of SCADA infrastructure. Provides supervision of SCADA fieldwork activities, performance measurement, coaching, safety adherence, mentoring and various administration duties. This position is required to be ‘On-Call’ and will have 24/7 personnel coverage.
Essential Functions :
- Supervises Gas SCADA personnel that install, calibrate, troubleshoot, and maintain technical components within the Gas SCADA network communications infrastructure, to minimize risk and improve safety and reliability for all geographies in MA and CT.
- Manages the installation, reception, and configuration of servers, networks, and associated hardware within the Gas SCADA network located at pipeline assets and data centers.
- Provides oversight to ensure firewall and correct security protocols are setup and running for Gas SCADA networks to prevent against external attacks.
- Responsible for ensuring continuous 24/7 support for hands-on maintenance and troubleshooting of Gas SCADA network communications and equipment.
- Proficient in software applications to repair and diagnose any malfunctions to the Gas SCADA network.
- Performs assignments as necessary to implement Gas SCADA network goals and initiatives.
- Adheres to Gas System Operations strategies, design constructability and installation best practices to ensure safe and reliable system operations customer service.
- Facilitates successful collaboration with internal and external technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on multiple, complex projects providing focused deliverables for Gas SCADA (i.e., safety, customer focus, technology, reliability, design standards, costs and schedule).
- Supervises field coordination with Gas SCADA network business partners.
- Ensures Gas SCADA Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are enforced with internal and external providers for repair and restoral of critical Gas SCADA system infrastructure.
- Development of documentation for critical Gas SCADA network field components and system installation maintenance packages & as-builts.
- Supervises the installation, analysis, and field programming PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller), circuit troubleshooting, and coordination with Gas SCADA Engineers to maintain remote control & Gas SCADA system integrity.
- Researches and recommends new technologies, identifies trends in the Gas SCADA network, and enhances processes for efficient management of the department.
- Performs regular (at minimum quarterly) reviews of existing Gas SCADA network field data transport infrastructure for opportunities to standardize and optimize field circuitry and equipment.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective safety meetings and briefs, ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Adheres to Eversource’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and codes. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship and productivity.
- Supports the commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills, project management, and schedule management skills.
- Proficiency in automated processes, remote data collection, and investigative skills coming from remote devices.
- Requires a strong understanding of computer systems and software tools.
- Requires practical knowledge and experience maintaining, operating and troubleshooting field data equipment.
- Requires knowledge of utility constructability, operations, maintenance, construction principles and practices.
- Ensure Eversource Operator qualifications are procured and maintained for the Gas Technical Specialists.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information to propose decisions with respect to the specific area of the position in solving highly complex problems.
- Requires excellent communications, interpersonal, conflict resolution and teamwork skills.
- Ability to read and analyze GIS mapping systems and technical drawings.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory criteria, industry codes, and standards applicable to the specific area of expertise.
- Knowledge of cyber security and critical systems protocols preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related technical degree required.
- Minimum of 5-10 years supervisory and related experience in Industrial/Gas System Operations environment or related technical experience.
- Public or private Utility industry experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Attain critical systems training.
- Ability to procure & maintain Eversource Operator qualifications for the Gas Technical Specialists.
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $117090.00 to $130100.00 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
4. Working Conditions:
- This position is required to be ‘On-Call’. At times, requires working long hours in response to situations.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT as necessary.
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment.
- Work requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, completion of paperwork, using a telephone and computer, and attending meetings.
- Drives to various job site locations to execute work.
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position, the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
5. Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, editing, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, planning, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, presenting, etc.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
6. Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
Provide business updates, news
Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs