Eversource Energy Senior Analyst, Business Operations in Westborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position is responsible for the Energy Efficiency business operations for all three states, including but not limited to corporate budgets, accounting and reporting, regulatory reporting, key performance indicators and metrics activities. Responsibilities include providing senior-level financial support to the management of Eversource’s Energy Efficiency (EE) organization, coordination, and support of the electric and gas companies production of the EE Plans, Monthly Financial Reporting, development of the EE businesses’ financial budgets and forecasts, analysis, projections, and ad-hoc financial support. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of tracking systems as well as other financial duties as needed by regulatory staff, internal/external audit and senior management.
- Assists with the development of Energy Efficiency budget projections across all three states, assesses performance against approved budgets and coordinates modifications.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring that all Energy Efficiency accounting and budgeting information is complete, accurate and maintained in accordance with the Company’s’ Accounting and Budgeting area requirements, as well as with regulatory decisions and orders.
- Leads and supports the production of the Monthly Key Performance Indicators and Financial Reports for the EE organization.
- Coordinates, develops, supports and monitors the annual EE budget process to ensure that each major budget management sector (Residential, Commercial & Industrial, etc.) is properly planned and supported. Ensure compliance with all critical path schedules and timelines.
- Reviews, validates and adopts EE financial models for the production of the EE Plans. Communicates results to management as to the implications of these results. Assists management in ensuring model projections support ES financial goals including the development of recommendations to improve performance.
- Communicates results of and any issues with financial strategies including recommendations for course corrections to management.
- Coordinates and develops financial projections with input from EE supervisors and Energy Efficiency Consultants. Prepares financial projections, including ES performance incentives, carrying charges, etc., for presentation to executive management.
- Provides information to management to ensure annual budgets and forecasts are on target, including the development of variance explanations.
- Ensures communication through reports to departmental management on a monthly basis of any specific operating and financial performance information such as budget versus actual and current versus prior year actual comparisons for making management decisions or evaluation of trends.
- Participates with accounting in quarterly earnings/performance incentive reviews and support the resolution of follow-up issues.
- Lead role in the coordination with all ES departmental areas on EE financial and business reporting requirements.
- Works effectively with all levels of management in order to provide financial analysis and problem-solving recommendations.
- Supports the development and analysis of the EE revenue sources (System Benefit Charges, Conservation Adjustment Mechanisms, Class III Renewable Energy Credits, ISO-NE Forward Capacity Market, Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, etc.) and their impacts on the annual EE spending budget.
- Knowledge and experience with the ES budgeting and forecasting process including internal systems.
- Strong knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in all areas of financial reporting, analyses, and financial model management.
- Must possess an understanding of financial statements, financial modeling and work efficiently under pressure.
- Must be customer driven, display initiative, accepts responsibility, holds others accountable, participates in and facilitates team effectiveness, thinks and acts analytically.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions to support the mission, work independently and apply knowledge and skill to solve problems.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with management
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, in addition to other Microsoft Office applications (MS Power point, MS Word) and other business system applications.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in running queries in various systems and data gathering.
- Requires understanding of regulatory processes and environment including the regulatory filing process.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) plus years related experience.
- Energy Efficiency, Accounting, Finance, Economics/Mathematics and Regulatory, Budgeting or Planning experience preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs