Eversource Energy 2024 Gas Engineering Development Program (Westborough, MA-Hybrid) in Westborough, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
Assists in the planning, development, scheduling, and the performance of engineering assignments related to gas distribution system design, construction, operation, maintenance, planning, pressure regulation, project management, integrity management, regulatory conformance and Clean Technologies. Applies engineering practices as directed by other team members. Collaborates with a variety of operating, engineering, gas control, regulatory, clean technologies and customer thermal solutions personnel.
Start date July 15, 2024
Under the direction of other engineering staff, designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
Systems include, but are not limited to, regulator stations, telemetry, commercial worker/monitor regulator sets, uprates, distribution main projects and culvert crossings, new customer business and clean technologies projects.
- Performs site layouts and prepare necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procure materials and equipment.
Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes.
Coordinates various construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments.
- Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance. Ensure compliance with field procedures and the coordination with Gas Control.
- Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity.
- Assists in gas distribution system restoration efforts during emergencies.
- Assists with hydraulic modelling and system analysis.
- Provides technical and engineering support to operating departments.
- Assists with risk and asset management models.
- Supports pipeline safety and regulatory policies.
- Thorough knowledge of distribution construction and maintenance work practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable governmental codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of welding and fusing principles.
- Working knowledge of environmental requirements affecting related activities.
- Familiarity with MS computer operations.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- ABET certified preferred
- Minimum of 0 - 3 years related experience.
Licenses & Certification :
- Passing of the PE Exam and ability to obtain PE license within 4 to 6 years preferred.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs are involved.
- Job can require traveling to operating districts, gas facilities and companies within and outside the state.
- Job will also require travel to and engagement at construction job sites where adherence to the Company’s standards is paramount.
- Some exposure to gaseous atmospheres, construction site hazards, and hazards on customer’s property.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs