WestRock General Factory in West Springfield, Massachusetts
The incumbent will be exposed to various entry level manufacturing jobs available at the facility and will help production workers in various areas by performing duties of lesser skill.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Stack corrugated off machines;
- Retrieve ink (40#), cutting dies (50#), and printing dies (50#) and stock supplies
- Stack bundled corrugated boxes in proper style bale and per instructions on job tickets
- Bundle including breaking apart die cut pads
- Prepare bottom sheets and tie sheets to the correct size and bring to the machines
- Prepare load tags per instructions and attach to loads
- Understand pallet identification and load count
- Observe quality guidelines.
- Push/pull bales of corrugated on conveyors (250#)
- Cross train on other machines and in other departments
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping
- Assist as needed in all areas of production and perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform data entry into terminal / PC.
- Follow / interpret written instruction.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (to perform this job at a satisfactory level)
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent desired, but not required
- Two (2) years in a manufacturing and/or production environment or two (2) year technical degree desired, but not required.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.