Bosch System Test Engineer in Watertown, Massachusetts
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!
As the System Test Engineer you’ll be responsible for the design, development and implementation of prototypes, test procedures, and test coordination for HVAC equipment and controls. Your role would involve creating a strategy for integrated testing of products under development, as well as testing the respective HVAC systems, sub-systems, electronics, controls, and component assemblies. You’ll also lead the effort in the investigation and analysis of issues relating to the design, material processing, and operations of HVAC systems and sub-systems.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead and coordinate component and integration testing activities for existing and new HVAC system controls and connected equipment.
• Develop test specification together with product management teams for legacy and new product.
• Fabricate prototype parts and assemblies to validate engineering designs and specification.
• Monitor and accurately record test data, perform any computations to interpret the data, and present the results within the scope of the requirements and applicable test standards.
• Develop standardized/automated tests processes and work instructions to evaluate development and reliability specification.
• Document and communicate test results and make design recommendations for any changes to existing product.
• Maintain test labs, instrumentation and reconditioning apparatus.
• Cross check and assist in instrument calibration to ensure accurate, reliable test results and to maintain laboratory certification.
• Execute, test, and document integration testing solutions related to HVAC controls and connectivity, and to a lesser degree solutions related to psychrometric, sound/vibration, and electrical/electronics testing.
• Investigate, debug and troubleshoot HVAC product design related issues and opportunities.
• Concentration skills will be utilized in working environment. Audio and visual acuity and attention to detail used to monitor operation and changes in operation of electrical and mechanical equipment.
• May perform simple programming for test automation design and utilize analytical skills in interpreting test results
• May use hand and power tools to include, electrical test meters and refrigerant handling equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Minimum 2+ years of system testing, engineering testing, or lab experience
• Degree(s) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
• Demonstrated ability or formal training in X-ray, Jenkins, LabView or similar software platforms for test automation
• Experience with air-source and water-source heat pumps and related controls a plus.
• Knowledge of refrigerant cycle theory and gas combustion principle a plus.
• Familiarity with psychrometrics, sound, and electrical testing of HVAC equipment a plus.
• Accreditation for ANSI and/or UL gas related certification. NATE certification a plus.
• Able to interpret 3D solid models, 2D production drawings and electrical schematics.
• Machine operation, hand tools use and demonstrated working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software.
• Experience in working with governing certification agencies.
- Bosch Jobs