Charles River Laboratories Sr. Project Manager - Facilities Engineering in Waltham, Massachusetts
Sr. Project Manager - Facilities Engineering
Req ID #: 176434
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Montpellier, FR, 34000 Croissy, FR, 78290 Barcelona, B, ES, 08003 Edinburgh, GB, EH14 4AP Storrs, CT, US, 06268-1198 Carlsbad, CA, US, 92010 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Veszprem, HU Fontenay-aux-Roses, FR, 92260 Cologne, NW, DE, 51105 Munchen, DE, 80333 Poolesville, MD, US, 20837 Evanston, IL, US, 60201 Irvine, CA, US, 92612 Frederick, MD, US, 21701 Malton, GB Razes, FR, 87640 Morrisville, NC, US, 27560 Memphis, TN, US, 38118 Erzhou, HE, CN Madrid, M, ES, 28040 Gamou-gun, Shiga, JP, 529-1633 Fleurimont, Quebec, CA, J1E 0B5 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Den Bosch (S-Hertogenbosch), NL, 5231 DD Tranent, GB, EH33 1EH Saint Germain Nuelles, FR Redwood City, CA, US, 94063 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Boston, MA, US, 02199 Biberach, BW, DE, 88397 Secor, IL, US, 61771 L'Arbresle, FR, 69592 Houston, TX, US, 77047 Isaszeg, HU Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Ejby, DK Beacon Hill, NSW, AU, 2100 Lowell, MA, US, 01854 Suresnes, FR, 92150 Framingham, MA, US, 01701 LOGROÑO, RI, ES, 26006 Durham, NC, US, 27703 Saint Germain Nuelles, FR, 69210 St. Constant, Quebec, CA, J5A 2E7 Erkrath, NW, DE, 40699 Barcelona, ES, 08035 Marseille, FR, 13009 Harlow, GB, CM19 5TR Bethesda, MD, US, 20892-0602 Macon, FR, 71000 Donostia, SS, ES, 20009 Toulouse, FR, 31400 Labelle, FL, US, 33935 Chaoyang District, BJ, CN, 100012 Yokohama-shi, 14, JP, 222-0033 Port Seton, GB, EH32 0TD Ballina, IE, F26D786 Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545 Detroit, MI, US, 48201 Fredericksburg, VA, US, 22405 Hartford, CT, US, 06106 Boston, MA, US, 02116 Sant Cugat del Vallès, B, ES, 08174 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92130 Bethesda, MD, US, 20892 Antipolo, PH, RIZAL1870 MADRID, M, ES, 28029 Hatfield, GB, AL10 9SN Boisbriand, Quebec, CA, J7H 1N8 Kilsyth, VIC, AU, 3137 Fort Pierce, FL, US, 34982 Salamanca, ES, 37007 Glenamoy, IE, F26Y286 Montrouge, FR, 92120 Paris, FR, 75014 Brussels, BE Washington, DC, US, 20016-8061 Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 Takatsuki-shi, Osaka, JP, 569-0803 Northridge, CA, US, 91325 Chioleches, GU, ES, 19160 Margate, GB, CT9 4LT Tumba, SE, 14731 Cape Canaveral, FL, US, 32920 Groningen, NL Madrid, M, ES, 28029 Hollister, CA, US, 95023 Frederick, MD, US, 21702 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, BE, 1030 Atsugi-shi, 14, JP, 243-0214 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Kuopio, FI, 70210 Docklands, AU Saffron Walden, GB, CB10 1XL Chicago, IL, US, 60654 Chaoyang District, BJ, CN, 100012 Montpellier, FR, 34000 Raleigh, NC, US, 27610 Montpellier, FR, 34090 Rockville, MD, US, 20850 Newark, DE, US, 19711 Lyon, FR, 69007 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Gaithersburg, MD, US, 20878 Leiden, NL, 2333 CR Matfors, SE, 864 31 Emeryville, CA, US, 94608 Harrogate, GB, HG3 2XA Schaijk, NL, 5374 RE Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 Madrid, M, ES, 28029 Pamplona, Navarra, ES, 31008 Charlotte, NC, US, 28203 Wayne, PA, US, 19087 Paris, FR Portishead, GB, BS20 7AW Dublin, IE, D09 Chengdu City, SC, CN, 610213 Amsterdam, NL, 1077 ZX Clamart, FR, 92350 Paris, FR, 75005 Songdo, KR Changping District, BJ, CN, 100107 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Kobenhavn, DK Saint-Nazaire, FR, 44600 Evreux, FR, 27930 Romainville, FR, 93230 Memphis, TN, US, 38104 Benson, IL, US, 61516 Waltham, MA, US, 02451-1420 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Frederick, MD, US, 21701 Boston, MA, US, 02115 Freiburg, DE, 79108 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Frederick, MD, US, 21701 East Kingston, NH, US, 03827 Beaufort, SC, US, 29945 Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320 Potters Bar, GB, EN6 3LD Marseille, FR, 13009 Bethesda, MD, US, 20892 Cleveland, OH, US, 44128 Toulouse, FR, 31400 Groton, CT, US, 06340 Benson, IL, US, 61561 Hinxton, GB, CB10 1DR Skokie, IL, US, 60077 Houston, TX, US, 77005 Amsterdam, NL, 1077 ZX Skokie, IL, US, 60077 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Fontenay aux Roses, FR, 92260 Boston, MA, US, 02115 Dingcheng Hainan , CN Boston, MA, US, 02210 Preston, CT, US, 06365 Bordeaux, 33, FR, 33000 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Madrid, M, ES, 28002 Paris, FR, 75013 SH, CN Cambridge, GB, CB2 0BA Copenhagen, DK San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Sulzfeld, DE, 97633 Compiegne, FR, 60200 Willimantic, CT, US, 06226 Malvern, PA, US, 19355 Stkilda, AU Hospitalet de Llobregat, B, ES, 08908 Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone, SH, CN Jiaxing, ZJ, CN Billerica, MA, US, 01821 Grenoble, FR, 38000 Frederick, MD, US, 21701 Baltimore, MD, US, 21201 Maastricht-Airport, NL Bothell, WA, US, 98021 Cambridge, MA, US, 02142 Concord, NC, US, 28027 Hyderabad, IN Warsaw, PL, 00-124 Hampstead, NC, US, 28443 Bron, FR, 69500 Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 Bethesda, MD, US, 20892 RTP, NC, US, 27709-2016 Rockville, MD, US, 20852 New Haven, CT, US, 06519-6052 Bethesda, MD, US, 20892 Tres Cantos, M, ES, 28760 Montrouge, FR, 92120 Madrid, M, ES, 28003 Spencerville, OH, US, 45887 Barcelona, B, ES, 08028 Labelle, FL, US, 33935 Paris, FR, 75005 Compiegne, FR, 60200 High Peak, GB, SK23 6FJ Changping District, BJ, CN, 100107 Norwich, CT, US, 06360 Zurich, CH Paris, FR, 75015 Foshan City, GD, CN Oak Hill, NY, US, 12460 Terrebone, Quebec, CA, J6X 4H4 Hanover, MD, US, 21076 Neuss, DE, 41460 Haidian District, BJ, CN, 100083 Alcalá de Guadaira, SE, ES, 41500 O’Fallon, MO, US, 63366 Gottingen, DE Ahmedabad, IN Cambridge, MA, US, 02142 Chatillon sur Chalaronne, 01, FR, 01400 Zhanjiang, GD, CN Sandwich, GB, CT13 9FF St. Petersburg, FL, US, 33701 Kingston, NY, US, 12401 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Reno, NV, US, 89511 Evreux, FR, 27930 Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 Ecully, FR, 69130 Ridgefield, CT, US, 06877-0368 Sant Feliu de Llobregat, B, ES, 08980 Chicago, IL, US, 60612 Pinghu, ZJ, CN Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Niksayuna, NY, US, 12309 Catskill, NY, US, 12414 Menlo Park, CA, US, 94025 Worcester, MA, US, 01608 Mumbai, IN Emeryville, CA, US, 94608 Memphis, TN, US, 38118 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Charleston, SC, US, 29407 Valbonne, FR, 06560 Pudong New Area, SH, CN S. SanFrancisco, CA, US, 94080 Worcester, MA, US, 01608 Hamilton, MT, US, 59840 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Singapore, SG Waltham, MA, US, 02451 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Tel Aviv, IL, 6423904 Bangalore, IN Pittsburgh, PA, US, 15213 Ishiokashi-shi, 08, JP, 315-0138 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Tranent, GB, EH33 2NE Marseille, FR, 13009 Keele, GB, ST5 5SP Hamden, CT, US, 06518 Montreal (Senneville), Quebec, CA, H9X 3R3 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, BR, 01014-907 MILANO, Milan, IT, 20122 Marseille, FR, 13009 Waltham, MA, US, 02451 Boston, MA, US, 02142 Armancourt, FR, 60880 Holloman AFB, NM, US, 88330-0956 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Razes, FR, 87640 Budapest, HU Cambridge, MA, US, 02138 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 deCuautitlan Izcalli, MX, 54760 Voluntown, CT, US, 06384 NanJing, JS, CN, 210029 Hillsborough, NC, US, 27278 Rockville, MD, US, 20850 Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 CALCO, IT, 23885 Chicago, IL, US, 60637 Beerse, BE, 2340 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Margate, GB, CT9 4LT S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 New Haven, CT, US, 06510 Cambridge, GB, CB23 6DP US Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Tranent, GB, EH35 5NG Szeged, HU Poolesville, MD, US, 20837 Horsham, PA, US, 19044 Paris, FR, 75012 Evry, FR, 91000 Lebanon, CT, US, 06249 Alpicat, Lleida, ES, 25110 Redwood City, CA, US, 94063
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Facilities Engineering team to be located remotely in the U.S., preferably in the Wilmington, MA area. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for for managing assigned moderate size domestic and international capital projects from inception to completion in support of all business units. Work closely with local site management to coordinate efforts and compile owner’s requirements. Oversee program development, design management, construction coordination, schedule and budget coordination and accountability.
The following are the responsibilities related to the Sr Project Manager position:
• Manage moderate size domestic and international capital infrastructure projects from inception to completion. Project values may be up to $25M US and projects may be defined/short term or strategic and requiring project tracking over time.
• Oversee program development, design management and construction coordination.
• Develop program budgets and schedules in support of initiative business case.
• Draft capital request executive summaries and justifications as required.
• Regular interface with finance on spending plans
• Monitor and drive progress of projects, maintaining budgets and schedules.
• Ensure value management, internal project cost control and scheduling tools are used to manage projects efficiently.
• Responsible for establishing lines of communication between and integrating efforts of the user group, owner’s representative, architectural, engineering, construction management, commissioning, validation coordination and operational delivery of large-scale capital projects so that project objectives are attained.
• Coordinate interface with operations users for program development and preconstruction services.
• Work with procurement throughout the selection process for hiring third-party service firms as construction managers, designers, and related consultants by writing RFPs, evaluating proposals, conducting interviews and making recommendations to senior management.
• Manage furniture, fixture, and equipment (FFE) infrastructure and user coordination.
• Coordinate underwriter and code review of project designs in conjunction with Corporate Risk requirements.
• Ensure effective and proactive safety management programs are in place for employees and contractors
• Track and report project progress to leadership, alerting developing problems where management intervention or oversight is required. Plan and implement appropriate actions as necessary to mitigate risks.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are the qualifications related to the Sr Project Manager position:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in engineering or in project/construction management or related field required. Master’s degree considered a plus.
• Experience: 5 or more years related experience in hi-tech (med device, pharma, biotech, semiconductor) construction and engineering project management. Experience managing projects with budgets up to $25M in total and accelerated schedules.
• Certification/Licensure: PMP, PE or EIT considered a plus.
• Other: Sound working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), OSHA and government regulatory requirements and guidelines. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, etc. Proficiency in CAD is beneficial.
• Employee is regularly required to talk, hear and work/type at a computer.
• Walking/surveying active operating facilities and construction sites.
• General office (remote) working conditions; 65%
• On-Site visits to various facility types; 35%
• Noise level in construction areas is usually moderate but may be loud enough to require hearing protection.
• Will involve some outdoor activities – walking around properties/construction areas
• This position will require domestic and international travel
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs