Rocket Software, Inc. Software Engineer in Test in Waltham, Massachusetts
Software Engineer in Test
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive; Rocket solutions power the back-end systems for thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
About the role:
The Software Engineer in Test III is expected to lead and/or work with a team in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple tasks simultaneously. A seasoned and experienced professional with good understanding of area of specialization. You will as a software engineering scrum team member to understand customer requirements, design and create test cases that adequately exercise each section of code. Use approved automation software applications to automate each test case. Provide metrics and quality artifacts to meet internal and external quality compliance requirements, recommending and implementing best practices. Keep a keen eye on customer commitments and work collaboratively with engineering counterparts to meet customer commitments. This position must collaborate with senior members of cross functional teams to meet the customer quality specifications. The position is responsible for design, implementation and documentation of code automation. Acts as a resource and mentor to lower-level Software Engineers in Test and at times leads projects or initiatives.
Works on complex scenarios, issues where analysis requires deeper functional and technical knowledge.
Leads the activities to closure and suggests and implement the improvements. Takes the ownership of the medium or moderate deliverables and co-ordinates with the team to get it done
Provide root cause analysis to customer defects and come up with suggestions to reduce the same.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
- A Software Engineer in Test III reads product code and make suggestions of design or code flow changes
- Maps functional code flow to the automated test design flow to identify the API or Services calls being tested
- Design end-end product automation framework for individual product
- Validates multiple software products using systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products
- Develops, modifies, and executes complete test plans based on design specifications
- Responsible for multiple pieces of code
- Observes and records defects in software products using systematic tests to apply and maintain quality standards for company products
- Partnering with development teams to improve product quality and development methodologies related to quality engineering
- Can prove coverage analysis and proactively adjust testing to improve test coverage
- Uses product knowledge and insight to design and execute exploratory testing
- Applies knowledge and application of best practices in achievement of QA goals
- Can communicate within a team environment, consulting with development engineers in resolution of complex problems
- Ensures quality integration into all aspects of software development, data acquisition, and processing
- Acts as a go-to resource and mentor to lower-level Software Engineers in Test
- Collaborates effectively with other Rocketeers across multiple geographies and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 4+ years of experience working on software quality environments or processes in a Windows or Linux/UNIX environment.
- 4+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Visual Basic etc.)
- Experience building the test automation frameworks
- Strong database and SQL knowledge
- Expertise in automation using one or many scripting / languages
- The ability to review and understand/interpret product code and logs
- Ability to build test environments for functional, system and stress testing.
- Advanced experience with problem tracking systems and test case management systems
- Advanced experience with the Agile development methodologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet strict deadlines, and coordinate and participate in multiple assignments
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to deal professionally and collaboratively with all levels of the organization and across geographies
- Strong knowledge in technical/functional troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience in Design using good Object-Oriented programming practices and Design Patterns
- Strong Experience in advanced Python programming & Debugging
- Strong Experience in Selenium/Appium programming
- Experience in setting up Python and Selenium environment, Debugging issues.
- Ability to review product design architecture and specs to recommend implications from customer use case, performance and design perspectives
- Quality certifications like ASQ a plus
- Git or GitHub experience
- Skills in mainframe (z/OS) a plus
- Experience of working with BlueZone
- Databases like SQL, ORACLE, DB2
- Agile development
- College degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. #LI-JM1
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Rocket Software, Inc.
- Rocket Software, Inc. Jobs