UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Site Reliability Engineer in Waltham, Massachusetts
Site Reliability Engineer
Travel Amount Required:
Alpharetta - Georgia - USA, Atlanta - Georgia - USA, Boston - Massachusetts - USA, Chelmsford - Massachusetts - USA, Lowell - Massachusetts - USA, Maitland - Florida - USA, Miami - Florida - USA, Miramar - Florida - USA, Pembroke Pines - Florida - USA, Toronto - Ontario - Canada, Waltham - Massachusetts - USA, Weston - Florida - USA
Individual Contributor - P3
Description & Qualifications
UKG is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a robust and diverse 3-7year background in Software Engineering, Software Design, and Systems Architecture with a focus on automation, reliability, and system integration.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
An SRE ensures that UKG’s services—both our internally critical and our externally visible systems—have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement, while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
At UKG, our Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) come from both development and operations backgrounds with a common passion for running products at scale in production. Our Site Reliability Engineers are always seeking to understand how our systems work end to end without boundaries.
Responsibilities of a Site Reliability Engineer include but is not limited to:
• Engage in and improve the whole life cycle of services from conception to inception, including system design, build, and deployment
• Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
• Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
• Assist with CI/CD builds and releases of our software and infrastructure, monitoring and alerting of our production environment
• Improve system performance, application delivery, and efficiency through automation, process refinement, postmortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
• Engage in Communications across all areas of the organization
• Knowledge of distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, microservice architectures
• Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go, Angular, .Net Core (C#), JAVA, Node.js
• Linux shell experience, Experience with containerization, such as Kubernetes, Docker
• Experience with Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design preferred
• Experience with administration of RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB preferred
• Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, Git, Artifactory) preferred
• Cloud Experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform products preferred
• Development/engineering experience with knowledge on DevOps tools such as Grafana, Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana (ELK), Jenkins, Bitbucket preferred
• Exposure to writing SQL scripts preferred
BA in Computer Science or similar field
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
ViewThe EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View thePay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify postershere (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Jobs