PPD Senior Scientist - HPLC , GC , Analytical Chemistry in Waltham, Massachusetts
In labs and health care facilities worldwide - HERE WE ARE
Thermo Fisher's clinical research business is a leading global contract research organization and world leader in serving science. We are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our mission – to enable our customers to make the world healthier, safer, and cleaner.
Within our Analytical Services team, we have a functional service provider solution, which is a unique partnership that allows our customers to leverage the experience of our staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits.
As a Senior Scientist you will join the analytical team.
- Provide routine analytical testing to support early phase and late phase small molecule drug development using HPLC, GC, particle size, KF, dissolution
- Perform lab equipment/instrument maintenance.
- Follow experimental or qualified analytical procedures and responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol, and product specifications.
- Evaluate and implement new analytical approaches, automation, and software to improve the quality and efficiency of analytical development work and to solve problems encountered during drug development.
- Author technical protocols and reports.
- Maintain excellent written documentation (e.g. lab notebook and test forms).
- Ensure execution of work assignments by laboratory staff to meet cycle times
At PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
To learn how PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific can advance your career, apply now!
*This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.*
*Education and Experience: *
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Cell & Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or equivalent and relevant formal academic /vocational qualification
- Previous industry experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job: o Senior Scientist: With a Bachelor's degree comparable to 4 years, with a Master's degree comparable to 2 years, with a PhD comparable to 0-2 years.
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
- 1 year of relevant industry experience in the small molecule space
- Experience with Empower/ELN/LIMS systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience with HPLC and GC based methods
- Experience with at least one of the following methods: HPLC, GC, MS, Dissolution Testing, Karl Fischer
- Experience in writing technical documents, such as SOPs and study reports, in a non-GxP environment.
- Experience with Empower, Masslynx or Chemstation is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build open and collaborative relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
*Working Environment: *
PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
Organization: *US BU
Title: Senior Scientist - HPLC , GC , Analytical Chemistry
Location: MA-Waltham-FSP Waltham MA
Requisition ID: 224185
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs