National Grid Senior Analyst, Finance Business Partnering in Waltham, Massachusetts
As part of National Grid’s continued commitment to safety, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason can request a reasonable accommodation.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Analyst for our Finance Business Partnering department in Waltham, MA or Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As Performance Finance Business Partner, act to:
• Support the business in developing and performance managing annual operating budgets, as well as longer-term business plans by providing finance and business insights, as well as working with FP&A to provide key assumptions that will drive results and strategy of businesses and groups.
• Support business stakeholders with analysis which allows them to develop strategies which meet future business and energy needs and operate within the economic and regulatory environment.
• Support, challenge and drive the strategic/financial decisions across the New England (NE) Business Unit (BU) and Functions through support of NG’s transformation and efficiency initiatives.
• Ensure decision makers have all relevants and available information in a timely manner before decisions are made.
• Assist the Manager/Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, and NE Finance leadership in the development, coordination and consolidation of the business plan and budgets, monthly forecasts and supporting financial analyses for the business and associated strategic initiatives.
• Provide financial support to business partners. This includes budget preparation and analysis, forecasting, cost control, performance measurement, and financial analysis, with the goal of delivering the best possible outcome so as to outperform targets.
• Monitor and review financial information, updating and explaining drivers of underperformance where necessary, in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
• Provide monthly management reporting of actual to budget variances, forecast updates and variance analysis and year on year analyses.
• Support in the development of and tracking of business case costs and benefits and plan/facilitate communication to required stakeholders.
• Support the provision of ad hoc analysis as required in support of value and business cases, rate case fillings, regulatory requirements and general decision making.
• Support effective working relationships across Finance, Functions, Transformation Offices, and Initiatives to achieve NE performance targets. Work to establish and reinforce effective governance models for benefit realization.
• Help shape the definition of value, key drivers which create value and the KPIs which measure value; and ensure these are used to inform performance management, decision making, and planning for the future.
• Present as ‘one finance team’ at all times and align the service provided to the business through the ‘embedded/focused/self-service’ model.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or relevant field
• 2 to 4 years of progressive growth in finance-enabled business support roles
• Broad range of financial, management and business modelling experience
• Excellent written / oral communications skills and follow-up
• Experience in utility service business activities and systems a plus
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.