National Grid Product Manager, ngDigital in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is one of the world’s largest publicly listed utilities focused on transmission and distribution of electricity and gas. We deliver electricity and gas safely, reliably, and efficiently to the customer and communities we serve – all while working toward a clean energy future. As part of our commitment to helping our society decarbonize, National Grid must develop the digital and technology capabilities required to operate a zero-carbon electricity system. This will require us to complete our digital transformation so that we can build products, platforms, and services that enable the innovation needed to reshape the energy system.
As part of this transformation, National Grid has built a new team, ngDigital, to infuse our organization with digital builders across product management, design, and engineering. We offer flexible remote working arrangements in the Northeast region of the US, and in London in the UK. We have physical offices in Boston, MA and Brooklyn, NY in the US, and Birmingham in the UK. We are hiring digital builders at all levels to support our mission to enable a fair and affordable transition to a clean energy economy.
National Grid is seeking an adaptable and results-oriented Product Manager to drive the development and release of innovative products, features and services to answer our most pressing business needs. You will inspire the team to achieve our product vision by effectively communicating the product roadmap and strategy. You will work alongside the Product Manager Lead to deliver on the roadmap by writing descriptive, achievable user stories and requirements. You will promote agile working practices and partner with the engineering team to define and design and ensure the product vision is achievable. You will bring the customer voice to the conversation and ensure the delivery of value to our customers.
• Act as the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions
• Work with strategic design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
• Provide insights into product, technology and market trends
• Develop feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps
• Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
• Monitor and report on product KPIs
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions
• Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans
• Assist in the development of materials to communicate progress to executives
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
• 2 years of product management experience
• A good understanding of agile development methodologies and the software development lifecycle
• A demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) as well as storytelling skills
• The capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving
• The ability to manage time and schedules to meet deadlines
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and intellectually demanding environment
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.