Fresenius Medical Care North America Director National Sales - Heart & Lung in Waltham, Massachusetts
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Utilized advanced sales experience to direct, oversee, and control regional sales activities in order to meet or exceed national sales goals and objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs and oversees national sales activities in order to meet or exceed regional sales goals and objectives.
• Leads operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within assigned territory.
• Directs and controls the broad activities of Sales Managers in assigned territory through the interpretation, application, and implementation of company-wide policies and processes.
• Evaluates markets and customers to identify and develop opportunities that will increase sales for all products.
• Develops, updates, and implements a Regional Business Plan to maximize sales goals and objectives.
• Develops and cultivates high level customer relationships to ensure and promote the company’s position in these dialysis providers.
• Understands, monitors, and communicates to senior management the overall business climate within the region, including customer and industry trends. Proactively develops new approaches to meet the changing demands of the market place.
• Keeps senior management informed regarding variances to sales budget and recommends corrective action.
• Contributes to the development of sales and marketing strategies to achieve sales targets.
• Prioritizes and manages assigned territory sales activities in an organized, conscientious, and efficient manner in order to meet quarterly/annual sales targets and objectives.
• Conducts all business dealings in a professional, responsive manner and according the to FMCNA and governmental policies and regulations. Abides by the FMCNA Code of Business Conduct.
• Leads team of sales professionals, distributed across the United States to maintain the rapid growth of our ECMO business.
• Builds and enhances cohesive, highly-effective team to grow the business.
•Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
• Coaches sales team, in partnership with the clinical support team, to develop and implement strategies to achieve short term and long-term business goals.
• Establishes processes aligned to the needs of the Heart and Lung business to enable nimbleness and responsiveness to customer needs
• Leads team to win business as new accounts and grow utilization at existing accounts.
• Regularly interacts with executives, senior management, and/or major customers.
• Participates in negotiations with critical customers
• Establishes and maintains KOL relationships and relationships with key customers
• Ensures that Sales personnel maintain timely and accurate management of current funnel.
• Utilizes Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool on a daily basis to monitor and direct sales force towards achieving Corporate Sales Objectives.
• Conducts ongoing reviews of sales opportunities with sales team
• Responsible for budget associated with sales activities in the US
• Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Ensures all employees within assigned team understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
• Provides leadership, guidance, and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
• Conducts training of new sales personnel and provides ongoing sales training for the team.
• Collaborates with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to
ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
• Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area.
• Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
• Attends regional and national conferences
• Assist with various projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Travel is expected of this position, 50%.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Sales staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Minimum 10+ years of related experience in hospital based medical sales required;
includes 5+ years of experience in sales management.
• Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
through diplomacy and tact.
• Experience selling to CT surgery or perfusion desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong project management skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws.
Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Fresenius Medical Care North America Jobs