Wolverine Worldwide Director Int'l Product Merch in Waltham, Massachusetts
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Director of International Kids Product Merchandising is responsible for developing international merchandising strategies for Wolverine Worldwide’s Kids group to ensure regional product requirements and opportunities are fully met to maximize growth in existing and new markets. This role works closely with management and Regional Sales Directors globally on product strategies to maximize profitability and promote growth in our Kids takedown businesses across the portfolio.
Key duties will include briefing and driving product initiatives for the 5 Key brands for Kids in existing and new markets. This role requires a high degree of collaboration across the matrix, including brands, operations, finance, and various geographic locations. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining awareness and responsiveness to market conditions, competitive activities, and general economic conditions that influence international product merchandising.
Coordinate and drive Go-To-Market process for kids takedown business including kids presence at key adult product milestone meetings, international presence at kids product meetings including distributors where possible, and how kids gets presented at regional meetings and brand conferences
Attend sample reviews for adult and kids for focus takedown brands and be a leading voice of international in these meetings
Drive product briefing process by working closely with regional teams (and key distributors) to help determine and articulate product offering and price points needed; advocate for those products with Kids Group product team
Organize and present to internal stakeholders in GOG and brand teams’ operational needs including minimums, regional sourcing, pricing, surcharges, buy windows, etc.
Ensure tight link between adult product and kids product to present seamless brand experience to partners
Interface (with regional teams) with priority distributors to monitor and highlight needs on an ongoing basis – in market travel
Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
Performs other duties as required/assigned by Vice President of Kids International.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degreed preferred, in retail, merchandising, or related degree.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience, preference for product, marketing, or sales expertise in Kids based retail industry.
• Strong fashion sense on a global level, with intimate appreciation of the importance of brand positioning and image.
• Able to work independently as a strong initiator and manage through ambiguity.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of the legal, financial, and logistical issues related to licensing, merchandising, and distributing imported branded goods for Kids products.
• Able to assess and advise on current global market conditions including competitive pressures and success factors.
• Demonstrated high level of integrity and professional maturity that commands respect and influences at all levels of the organization.
• Able to build professional relationships across all levels internally and externally to the organization.
• Desires to work in a fast paced, ever-changing, growth focused environment
General office environment
Domestic and International travel required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
External Job Posting Title: Director Int'l Product Merch
Brand/Group Assignment: International Group
External Company URL: www.wolverineworldwide.com