National Grid Customer Energy Integration (CEI) MA Complex Associate Specialist in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring a Complex Associate Specialist for our Customer Energy Integration (CEI) MA department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is looking for a customer-oriented professional who will own and manage the relationship between National Grid and ISO-NE throughout the company’s Affected System Operator (ASO) study process. The professional will act as the National Grid’s primary point of contact with ISO-NE and other Affected System Operators while also guiding interconnection applicants through regulatory, legislative and technical obligations. As an ASO subject matter expert, the candidate will also be expected to provide outreach and educate others on ASO process expectations and initiatives.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Manage and maintain the tariff driven communication process/expectations around Affected System Operator (ASO) studies with internal stakeholders, customers, external vendors, contractors and the MA DPU to ensure timely delivery of information.
• Coordinate with ISO-NE on pending DG interconnection applications and determining the need for future ASO studies.
• Execute, on behalf of the customer, the ISO-NE Planning Procedure 5-1 and maintain all necessary documentation.
• Maintain the work management systems and update procedures to support the design solutions that enhance Distributed Generation programs.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with Distribution and Transmission Engineering, CEI Account Development/Management, Legal, Regulatory, and Jurisdictional teams in order to facilitate communications, integrate work, and ensure the successful delivery of the project.
• Challenge existing policies and procedures to continuously seek ways to enhance customer service and cost-effectiveness.
• Coordinate Distribution and Transmission Engineering resources, internal and external, assigned to ensure timely delivery of DG engineering studies per tariff requirements.
• Communicate project expectations and provide status updates to the interconnecting customer.
• Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others, (both internally and externally) in order to share knowledge and increase understanding of Distributed Generation interconnection practices and processes around Affected System Operators.
• Maintain ASO study objects in Salesforce and drive customer communications around ASO studies.
• Analyze and evaluate developments in Distributed Generation and Renewable Energy technologies in order to identify impact of different scenarios on the business and strategies for integrating cost efficiencies.
• Manage financial aspects of project requirements.
• Represent National Grid as needed in various industry associations
• Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 1+ years of work experience in an Electric Distribution Utility, Electric Transmission Company, or Distributed Generation specialty.
• Demonstrated superior customer service and analytical skills.
• Having proven experience with problem solving across multiple facets of the project management process and stakeholder management. Having the ability to articulate findings and anticipate challenges to better navigate next steps.
• Support and be part of a team environment.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, negotiations and communications. Let’s people affected by a decision know what’s happening and is able to clearly articulate reasons for a decision.
• Understands theory behind policies and processes and demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working (e.g. taking action to avoid future crisis or create opportunities to improve existing practices).
• Excellent organizational, data management and computer skills.
• Be a coordinator for technical DG items that may arise with the National Grid customer base.
• Good knowledge of Distributed Generation interconnection practices and installation standards.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• Experience with renewable energies and utility industry desired.
• Experience with electric utility practices.
• Knowledge of various MA and ISO-NE Distributed Generation regulatory policies and interconnection related standards desired.
• Experience with Salesforce and STORMs (or similar work management system) desired.
• Able to read schematics, one-lines and experience with Graphic Information Systems (GIS).
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office software products.
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to represent the company in meetings and seminars, present material as needed.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.