GAF Production Technician in Walpole, Massachusetts
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Production Technician I is a dependable self-starter with a desire to grow and succeed. The Production Technician I assists with packaging products, batch processes and tasks associated with batch manufacturing. Assists senior technicians as directed. The Production Technician I is responsible for compliance with safety policies and procedures and for maintaining housekeeping standards in the work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / SKILLS
· Operate fork-lift
· Operate pallet jack
· Maintain accurate production records
· Material handling
· Weighing material
· Operate hand truck
· Label buckets and boxes
· Willingness to be actively involved in day to day Plant activities
· Familiarity with Safety activities, safe behavior observations, and team activities
· Familiarity with general warehouse duties, operating machinery and various types of equipment
· Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing
· Ability to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
· Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
· Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
· Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
· Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
· Required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
· Occasionally operate business machines
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
· High School Diploma/GED or 6 months of work experience.
· Production Operations/Manufacturing experience
· 6 months experience related manufacturing experience - We will provide special training to employees based on interest and availability.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
- GAF Jobs