The Home for Little Wanderers Maintenance Staff I in Walpole, Massachusetts
When you join The Home for Little Wanderers, you join a team of professionals dedicated to creating better, brighter futures for kids.
For over 200 years, The Home for Little Wanderers has helped build stable lives and hopeful tomorrows for vulnerable children and their families. Our 25+ community-based and residential programs serve thousands of at-risk youths from birth to age 26. Many of these children have experienced abuse, neglect, trauma, or a disrupted family life. As the oldest child welfare agency in America, we provide them with safe surroundings, permanent loving relationships, and a secure path toward a better, brighter future. To learn more about the incredible impact our employees have on the lives of children and families, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXedSArtYbg
Responsible for performing maintenance, general upkeep and repair of the facilities, which may include the residents, general offices, grounds, school, vehicles and equipment.
· Perform routine maintenance including troubleshooting, repair, grounds keeping and preventative maintenance. This may include basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, lock smithing, boiler maintenance, landscaping, and snow shoveling/salting.
· Monitor security of building and grounds
· Under the direction of the Facilities Manager/Program Director, monitor and assist with enforcement of building codes, fire regulations, safety evaluation plans, OSHA regulations and other related laws
· Coordinate and follow up on all maintenance related contractual services
· Coordinate vehicle maintenance schedule for repairs and preventative work
· May be responsible for some janitorial assignments as needed
· Must be willing to work on weekends if need be
· May be required to carry a mobile device
· Perform other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2 years experience in the building trades preferred
· Knowledge of carpentry, cleaning, maintenance work required
· Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer, with the ability to learn new software applications
Regular use of hands and fingers to handle and operate objects, tools and controls used in construction and maintenance trades. Duties require moderate, continuous physical efforts such as frequent lifting and carrying of supplies, equipment and tools as well as pushing and pulling objects. Frequent standing, walking, climbing, sitting, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. May involve the use of ladders and lifts. Exposure to outside work under varying weather conditions. Occasional exposure to fumes and dust type particles.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities, or skills required of personnel so classified.
What The Home Can Offer You
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the youth we serve, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
Generous time off including up to 20 days per year for new full-time employees, plus 11 holidays, 5 sick days, and 2 personal days
Health and Dental Insurance that is effective immediately upon hire
Extensive training to new staff
Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,400 per fiscal year
403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
Employer paid Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance, plus Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)