Eversource Energy Supervisor, Leak Survey in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support over 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA, and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
In this role, you will establish and maintain the centralized gas leak survey program for Eversource Energy. You will be responsible for coordination of contractors/employees performing leak survey of mains, services, and meter set inspections to comply with Federal and State Regulations. Oversee Leak Survey/Inside Meter Set Inspection program including scheduling, tracking, and reporting according to Eversource Work Practices/Gas Operating Procedures. Perform other duties, as requested.
- Establishes and maintains centralized leak survey program for the entire State, according to the Gas Operating Procedures/Work Practices.
- Schedules and monitors work and prepare reports on the status of the leak survey program, as requested/needed.
- Works with Areas to inform and follow-up on needed leak repairs identified through the inspections in the leak survey program.
- Ensures compliance with Federal DOT Leak Survey and Meter Inspection Regulations.
- Recommends improvements to material, construction and operating standards related to Leak Management.
- Provides specifications, inspections and estimates relative to leak repair and leak survey work.
- Coordinates leak survey services to Areas as requested.
- Initiates work orders/job orders for the leaks located through leak surveys.
- Works with the Mapping Dept. to acquire maps and update mapping for leak surveys.
- Reviews and approves invoices for contractor services for leak surveys.
- Sets up and maintains electronic record keeping system for Leak Survey program
- Provides on-the-job and classroom training for Company and contractor personnel in the areas of leak survey.
- Assumes on-call supervisory assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of gas distribution operations and construction practices and procedures relative to leaks and leak repair.
- Knowledge of Federal and State codes relative to leak survey.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Five (5) Plus years of related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must possess Federally required Operator Qualifications for associated tasks
- Valid driver’s license
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Can be exposed to gaseous atmospheres, high noise levels, traffic, construction site hazards and hazards on customers' property. Occasionally required to travel.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs