Eversource Energy Supervisor, Gas Field Operations, Maintenance (Springfield, MA) in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support over 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position provides direct supervision of internal and/ or external work crews. Oversees resources engaged in the operation, maintenance and construction of Eversource Energy gas distribution systems. This position is multi-faceted with responsibilities that include integrated planning and scheduling, execution of fieldwork activities, adhering to Company and regulatory rules and procedures, performance measurement, coaching, safety adherence, mentoring and various administration duties. Prepares and executes maintenance and construction activities along with coordination and schedules. Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, maintenance and service delivery.
- Plans, organizes and manages the Gas Maintenance and Construction field workload through accurate coordination and scheduling, with others.
- Supervises and oversees in-house crews and contractors engaged in the operation, maintenance and construction of Eversource gas distribution system.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, maintenance and service delivery.
- Coordinates outages as the on-scene supervisor. Responds to and classifies reported gas leaks. Ensures all engineering and gas control procedures are followed. May participate in the supervisory on-call rotation.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective weekly safety meetings and ensuring all related procedures, standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship and productivity.
- Responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely work packages for work crews including required permits, dig safe authorization, drawings and other related instructions.
- Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meet or exceeds service level agreements.
- Ensures rigorous compliance with regulatory and Company work rules and procedures.
- Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action when required.
- Requires knowledge of gas distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes
- Requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools
- Requires communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, attention to detail, and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration,related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plusyears of experience in Gas Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers or utility operations
- Supervisory experience preferred
Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Visit crews in the field
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment. Work requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, completion of paperwork, using a telephone and computer and attending meetings.
- Drives to various job site locations and customer premises to supervise work, and review or discuss construction job requirements.
- Off-hour on-call responsibility may be required on a rotational basis.
- At times, requires working long hours in response to outage situations and shift coverage requirements.
- Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs