MV Transportation Operations Manager in Springfield, Massachusetts
MV Transportation is seeking an Operations Manager will provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures. The Operations Manager is primarily responsible for but not limited to:
- Effectively manage on-time performance and driver availability.
- Effectively manage all call center functions.
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
- Assist in overseeing safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Contributes to maintain the safety culture of the division.
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Assist with conducting periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Participates in location labor and employee relations activities.
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years of management experience in a similar sized paratransit environment.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in scheduling and personnel management and training.
- Must be able to work independently and have strong written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of the contractual obligations is a must to perform this job correctly.
- Knowledge of company policy assures that the field operator is using consistent measures to assess a drivers' activity.
- Trapeze experience preferred.
- Experience managing fast paced environment.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Springfield, MA
Job Type: ManagementOtherTransportation
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 8/1/2021