CTG Multi-Disciplined Engineer III in Springfield, Massachusetts
Multi-Disciplined Engineer III
Aug 11, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 15 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Duration: 12 Months
Job Title:Multi-Disciplined Engineer
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
Rate of Pay: Up to $51.00 per hour Based on Experience
Purpose of Position:Create accurate and effective NDS, BIWF, and/or CAD design for FTTX (fiber to the home, fiber to the business, etc.). Create complete BOM (Bills-of-materials) for material orders where applicable.
• Participate in scope review with customer and/or vendors to ensure design requirements and output are understood thoroughly
• Create polygon or distribution area in conjunction with customers when required
• Create High Level Design to define the path for the engineering fielding tech crew
• Assemble design in the most cost-effective method with understanding of the impact of construction and material cost and the optimization of specified materials
• Use fielding data, photos, and sketches to create the design and provide feedback to walkout crews where questions remain
• Occasional site visits to obtain necessary design information and confirm design requirements with the customer will be required
• Ensure obstacles such as culverts, waterways, easements, aerial trespass, etc. are accounted for in the design
• Create splicing schematics and permit drawings to be handed off to the customer or internal permitting group depending upon requirements – provide ongoing support for the permitting process
• Review Post-Construction Red-lined documents, and update/revise client design systems with any changes
• Update “as builds” per construction prints
• Complete LEEP documentation and PUN forms where required
• Organize, record, & Communicate Project schedules & timelines to internal project manager(s)
• Fulfill requirements for project Summary Documents and distribute as necessary
• Communicate progress and completions to the business development team for invoicing purposes using Procore
Competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviors):
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic business environment
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Experience with AutoCAD and GIS-based systems
• Telecom Design experience – highly prefer that candidate has experience with customer platforms such as: Lumen/CenturyLink’s NDS, BIWF or Frontier’s FROGS
Intermediate Project Management Skills & Practices
• Strong MS office and Visio capabilities
• Capable of communicating complex ideas through effective technical writing
• Must be able to read colors on screen and on paper
• Fluent in English
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Two-year degree in a technical program – preferred Drafting, Engineering, Lumen
• Experience participating in cross-functional teams
• Understanding of RUS Codes (Rural Utility Service)
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link or email your Word version resume and salary requirements toJulie.Difrancesca@ctg
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Customer Support
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
Work Remote: Yes
- CTG Jobs