Baystate Health Facilities Engineer in Springfield, Massachusetts
The Facilities Engineer provides facilities engineering support throughout the Baystate Health System. This position performs technical analysis of various building systems and controls including physical plant (boilers, chillers, cogeneration, and emergency generators), HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and medical gas systems and controls.
The Facilities Engineer will evaluate a variety of building systems, analyze system performance, perform RIO calculations, investigate available incentives and make recommendations to reduce energy, optimize efficiency, and extend equipment life. The Facility Engineer will assist in developing capital budgets and equipment replacement schedules.
The Facilities Engineer will manage a variety of projects related to building systems and maintenance as well as recommissioning activities to ensure existing equipment is operating properly and that controls are optimized. Project Management responsibilities will include performing feasibility studies, performing ROI calculations, developing Requests for Proposals, managing the bid process, developing contracts, and managing multimillion-dollar projects through completion and closeout.
The facility Engineer works closely with Shop Supervisors of various shops to assist in managing projects, optimizing equipment operation, and establishing best maintenance practices.
1) Perform feasibility studies
and ROI calculations, develop Requests for Proposals, manage the bid process, develop contracts, and manage multimillion-dollar projects through completion and closeout.
2) Perform system-wide analysis of current steam and chilled water demand. Evaluate ROI and environmental impact of alternative production options including electrification. Analyze and implement solutions to reduce consumption through optimization and more efficiently meet demand.
3) Support operation and maintenance throughout the BH Facilities as needed.
1) Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Electrical, Mechanical or 6 years equivalent experience
1) Building Automation Systems
2) Knowledge of steam and chilled water production
3) Knowledge of HVAC and electrical systems
4) Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
Knowledge of critical electrical and mechanical building systems. Strong organizational and reporting skills. A self-motivated individual is able to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Driver License - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs