Triumvirate Environmental Environmental Specialist (Relocation Opportunity) in Springfield, Massachusetts
Become an Environmental Professional with Triumvirate Environmental’s Specialist Relocation Program!
Currently hiring Environmental Specialists in the following cities: Somerville, MA & Astoria, NY
Entry-level Environmental Specialists are the backbone behind Triumvirate Environmental’s success. They are hardworking, quick on their feet, innovative, and customer intimate. Our customers are world-renowned life science, healthcare, industrial, and higher education institutions and our Environmental Specialists interface with them each day, serving as an extension of their own Environmental Health and Safety Departments.
While Environmental Specialists begin in entry-level roles, they move on to serve in nearly every department within Triumvirate. Former Environmental Specialists are everywhere in the company including the consulting, sales, and operations management departments. The Environmental Specialist Relocation Program provides you with hands-on foundational knowledge you need to develop as an environmental professional, all while working and living in a major city!
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
• Manage hazardous and chemical waste programs for clients onsite following Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and other state and federal government agencies’ regulations
• Execute onsite support services for the entire lifecycle of a hazardous materials management programs at client sites by performing chemical inventories, segregating chemicals, and shipping hazardous waste off-site
• Characterize, consolidate, pack, and ship hazardous waste for clients per RCRA and DOT regulations
• Train clients on proper chemical safety and hazardous waste management
• Perform and document environmental health and safety audits for clients in their facilities and laboratories using Triumvirate’s ADVISE program • Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations as well as Triumvirate’s Health and Safety Practices
• Respond to chemical spill emergencies by managing the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials
Upon completion of emergency response (ER) training, all Environmental Specialists will be on a rotating ER team; requirements include being oncall 24 hours each day for one week out of each month.
• BS/BA in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or Safety and Occupational Health preferred, but all majors are welcome to apply
• Valid driver’s license
• Submission of college transcript
• Interest in the environmental health & safety field
• Ability to work as a member of a team as well as an individual
• Leadership experience/potential
• Strong communication, problem solving, and relationship building skills
• Successful completion (upon point of hire) of OSHA/DOT physical examination
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements!
Gyms at select branch locations.
401(K) retirement savings plan with co. contribution.
Very Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program - WOW!
TONS of safety training with opportunities for external trainings and certifications!
Paid time off and select paid holidays!
Mentorship & Career Succession Planning
Opportunity be involved with employee-led resource groups
Auto/Home insurance discounts, pet assistance discount plans, discounted movie passes & more!
For further information on Triumvirate & the exciting work that we are doing in the industry, please visit our LinkedIn page - Triumvirate LinkedIn
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.
External Company URL: www.triumvirate.com