Eversource Energy Engineer, Grid Modernization in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
TheEngineer, Grid Modernization is responsible for directly supporting the Company’s plans to modernize the design and operation of the electric distribution system.Individual will support multi-disciplinary teams through the life cycle of projects from conception and regulatory filings, planning and implementation, and through performance measurement and verification. Individual will also research emerging technologies to propose complementary opportunities that will augment the grid modernization portfolio.
- Support planning and implementation of current and future grid modernization programs, including but not limited to Volt-Var Optimization (VVO) and Distribution Management System (DMS), including control and integration of inverter-based distribution assets; planning and forecasting tools (Synergi); and analysis and visualization of archival and real-time power system data.
- Engage and support multi-disciplinary teams across three states in Engineering, Operations, and Information Technology (IT) to ensure effective collaboration during planning and execution.
- Responsible for all phases of project implementation including technology review and selection; defining project budget, scope and schedule; preparing project justification for budgetary approval; project management; internal and external reporting and tracking; and continuous stakeholder engagement.
- Investigate new and emerging technologies in the industry and assess the relevance and benefit to the Company’s grid modernization strategy and coordinate with internal teams to review and evaluate those options through the competitive procurement process.
- Thorough understanding of power system engineering concepts such as power flow, voltage regulation, power factor and technical losses, device coordination during normal and alternate system configurations.
- Familiarity with modeling electric distribution systems to support system Operations and/or Planning and Forecasting (SCADA, DMS, OMS, power flow).
- Experience with developing and programming coordination schemes and set points in microprocessor controls and relays for local and remote dispatch of distribution equipment.
- Ability to efficiently import and manipulate large datasets from different data sources to quantify system performance, generate reports, and drive visualization for internal and external stakeholders
- Ideal candidate is customer driven; displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and accountability; works cohesively with team members.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology. MS in Engineering preferred.
Experience : Minimum of three (3) years in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the electrical utility industry.
Emergency Response : Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs