Eversource Energy Senior Project Manager, Electric Utility Transmission & Substation in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will manage highly visible, multi stakeholder, complex projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, schedule, and budget. Works closely with personnel throughout the Eversource Company to design, site, permit and construct assigned projects. Primary duties include overall responsibility for the management of all phases and aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals interfacing with regulators including state & local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and support systems; and insuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws. Required to visit job sites with energized equipment and/or uneven terrain in all conditions.
- Manage projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire
- Individual is assigned complex projects that involve internal and external stakeholder participation.
- Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi-stakeholder engagement, with financial risk exposure profile requiring management reporting.
- Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the projects are completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
- Works closely with Eversource Energy Delivery personnel, Legal, Regulatory Relations, Siting, Environmental, Procurement, Communications and other business functions to ensure project success.
- Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
- Manage project contractors and/or vendors to ensure work is completed in compliance with the job specifications. Review/approve contractor and vendor timesheets and/or invoices and ensure compensation is made in a timely manner.
- Manages the team’s review of the project need statement. Manages the team’s development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change control methodology.
- Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
- Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting needs assessment.
- Coordinates an environmental assessment and the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules.
- Manages execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
- Manages the development of and participates in the required regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
- Ensures the timely preparation ISO-NE, and other regulatory project submittals.
- Manages the development and evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, construction and test procurement of material and support systems.
- Manages the development of required energization plans and operating instructions.
- Manages the timely preparation of the long-term outage plan project submittals.
- Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals
- Provides clear, concise and comprehensive project status reports to management
- Provide constructive feedback to other members of the Project Group.
- Ensures that all aspects of the assigned projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write reports and make presentations. Possesses the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set priorities, define roles and responsibilities, and make decisions. Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization. The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex transmission/distribution projects concurrently. Self-starter with strong communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing skills. Leadership abilities, planning skills, decisiveness and customer focus. Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices. Excellent leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required. Ability to develop skills to prepare presentations and expert witness testimony for local and state regulatory presentations.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered. Masters Degree is preferred and Project Management class work or certification is desirable.
Minimum of eight (8) years of experience, including at least five (5) years of experience managing projects and familiarity with Project Management methodologies required. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the utility industry is highly desirable.
Licenses & Certifications: Project Management Profession (PMP) desirable
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs